One of those days..

Help Support CattleToday:

Lazy M said:

"There's the guy that tried to tag me. Kick his a$$, ma!"

That's the same look Sky Jordan gave me before charging me and head bopping me. 😅🤣😂 Maybe they can be BFF. 😉

Have a couple that are a little over protective for the first few days, but then will come in and I can catch the calf and tag it. I don't want mean, but I will tolerate a little protective. We have coyote problems so would rather they are over vigilant than not concerned. Most will stop and go right back to calf if I back off a little so I know they are not being aggressive, just protective.

Where the mud ? Lol I agree with Kenny it isn't muddy till the tractor is dragging. I'll take a pic later this week when i feed hay to so you what mud is. Nice tractor 👍🏼

You mess with my baby and you have me to deal with from that look. I have had a few of those through the years and seem like the ones like that have nice calves come sale day.

Moses, could you not tag them the first time through the chute and match the numbers later in the pasture?

Question: Why do you need to tag calves at birth?
I tag, give Inforce 3 and a First Defense bolus day 1. Can you really tell which black calf belongs to which black mama 3 months later when you're running them through the chute? Maybe for some, but it just makes for accurate record keeping in my world, including health history.

Thats fun ain't it Murray. Try pulling out your truck and full cattle trailer by your self. I had to do this trying to get through a gate opening. Luckily it wasn't completely buried. Luckily my tractor was there.
I feel your pain. There may have been profanities - especially on the way to get the tractor.

Attachments

• IMG_20200114_142317166 (1).jpg
    IMG_20200114_142317166 (1).jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 25

Latest posts