One of those days...

Help Support CattleToday:

bball

Reaction score
Where everything is working out nicely.

Wife was in a real pleasant mood before she left for work.

Wood stove still had embers to stoke a new fire

Checked weather: Sunny and 32 deg F. I will take it.

Got on CT: Fence's post got deleted.

Loaded up the old queen mattress to take to the dump. Go to the window to check in and the gal says, "Is that all you got?". Yep.
"It's a $56 minimum charge to dump." , she stated sympathetically. I know as I reached for my cash in my pocket. She says, "are you sure?"
I answer; Yes, i didn't want to burn it or dump it on the side of the road (like many of our neighbors do). She smiles, says hold on a minute and goes to her computer. Prints me off a ticket and says "NO CHARGE!" I say, you don't have to do that. She answers, " it's already done. Have a great weekend!" What a kind soul.

Next, I head to the Co-op to pay for some winter blend off road diesel. The gal informs me that its 15 cents cheaper than what she quoted me a couple weeks ago.

Today is going pretty darn well thus far.
Hope everyone else's is too!

bball said:

Loaded up the old queen mattress to take to the dump. Go to the window to check in and the gal says, "Is that all you got?". Yep.
"It's a $56 minimum charge to dump." , she stated sympathetically. I know as I reached for my cash in my pocket. She says, "are you sure?"
I answer; Yes, i didn't want to burn it or dump it on the side of the road (like many of our neighbors do). She smiles, says hold on a minute and goes to her computer. Prints me off a ticket and says "NO CHARGE!" I say, you don't have to do that. She answers, " it's already done. Have a great weekend!" What a kind soul.

Next, I head to the Co-op to pay for some winter blend off road diesel. The gal informs me that its 15 cents cheaper than what she quoted me a couple weeks ago.

Glad it's been a good day for you, mines been pretty good too. My wife was in a good mood today too always a good thing.
As far as old mattresses go around here if you set them at the edge of the road they will likely be gone within an hour.

bball said:

Glad to help out ball.. that's what I'm here for.

Bright Raven said:
I fail to see why Fence having his post deleted is a good thing. Is your clutch slipping?

:cboy:

Let me explain it simple chapter and verse to the gentleman from Kentucky:

Fence's post being deleted before I ever saw it is good (for me) because I do not have to have a discussion with a hard head from Texas; which, in case you didn't know, not only will you NEVER win a discussion with a Texan, you would be counted EXTREMELY fortunate if they choose to even acknowledge your position. ( I say all this as a man who was married to a Texan for 14 beautiful years)

Truthfully, it was just a quick joke for Fence because I believe he has the skin thick enough to appreciate it.

bball said:
Bright Raven said:
I fail to see why Fence having his post deleted is a good thing. Is your clutch slipping?

:cboy:

Let me explain it simple chapter and verse to the gentleman from Kentucky:

Fence's post being deleted before I ever saw it is good (for me) because I do not have to have a discussion with a hard head from Texas; which, in case you didn't know, not only will you NEVER win a discussion with a Texan, you would be counted EXTREMELY fortunate if they choose to even acknowledge your position. ( I say all this as a man who was married to a Texan for 14 beautiful years)

Truthfully, it was just a quick joke for Fence because I believe he has the skin thick enough to appreciate it.

I thank the gentleman from Indiana. Your explanation confirms my speculation on your motives. I worked with a few Texans in my day. Wonderful people even in light of your accurate assessment.

:hide:

Bright Raven said:
I thank the gentleman from Indiana. Your explanation confirms my speculation on your motives. I worked with a few Texans in my day. Wonderful people even in light of your accurate assessment.

I have had the good fortune to make my domicile in 10 states and visited more than 3x as many, and none were as welcoming and hospitable as the good people from Lone Star state.

bball said:
Bright Raven said:

I have had the good fortune to make my domicile in 10 states and visited more than 3x as many, and none were as welcoming and hospitable as the good people from Lone Star state.

Ok. We know you are just trying to break even with that attempt at patronizing. You better go get that clutch fixed.

Latest posts