One of Those days.

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Had sold four heifers to a man for replacements got up early and penned the cows.
Went got the truck and the cow trailer had a flat, dang nail in a new tire. Well changed it drove down to the pen
and seen all the cows walking out.
I have a Brimmer girl can open a gate as good as any man if you hang the chain on her side. Failed the IQ test and hung it on
the inside totally my fault as I know she can open a gate.
Said oh well I let them graze a couple hours and repen them. Decided to do a little driveway maintenance
dang tractor wouldn't start. Wouldn't even turn over nothing battery was good and hot checked all the fuses and they were
good. A rodent of some sort had chewed the hot wire to the ignition into repaired that.
Went and penned the cows again loaded up the heifers and delivered them and have been hiding in the house every since.
Scared to touch anything else today.

That's the 3rd time this week I've heard about chewed up wires--the other 2 were tree rats. Cat kept tryong to get up under my truck yesterday, and I could hear a chck chuck chuck noise between the body and plastic wheel well liner. Beat around on it and off goes a tree rat.
It's that time of year.

Must of been my day also. Had a 55gal barrel of corn slide off my flat bed on a wet clay road. Ran over a feeder leg over while trying to get close enough for the wife to be able to fill it. Unhooked the baler from the tractor, but I forgot to pull the pin so I bent the jack. Electric fence was dead, a squirrel eat through the power wire. And a few other little things, sure be glad when the sun comes up.

One of the cows we usually board for the vet during the summer has figured out how to open a double ended dog snap. I have problems with them if I'm wearing gloves and she works them open with her mouth in just a couple of minutes. When she's here I baling wire the chains together instead of using the dog snaps. Most of our gates are fastened with a length of chain around the post and the gate upright.

dun":18eamvkx said:
One of the cows we usually board for the vet during the summer has figured out how to open a double ended dog snap. I have problems with them if I'm wearing gloves and she works them open with her mouth in just a couple of minutes. When she's here I baling wire the chains together instead of using the dog snaps. Most of our gates are fastened with a length of chain around the post and the gate upright.

I have locks on my gates.. If I have one open those I will be rich :lol: Sorry about yalls bad days I drove to 5 stores within an hour an half away looking for garden veggies.

highgrit":12dwk0c0 said:
Must of been my day also. Had a 55gal barrel of corn slide off my flat bed on a wet clay road. Ran over a feeder leg over while trying to get close enough for the wife to be able to fill it. Unhooked the baler from the tractor, but I forgot to pull the pin so I bent the jack. Electric fence was dead, a squirrel eat through the power wire. And a few other little things, sure be glad when the sun comes up.
Oh.... Stop bragging about wet clay roads....... :lol:

I over did it yesterday patching up some fences. Cooler weather and a nice breeze let it sneak up on me. Sprayed some fence line this morning then took the wife to a movie and dinner to give me a chance to recover without feeling guilty setting around the house all day. Was good to do something "fun" for a change.

Caustic Burno":2lzmtf1v said:
Had sold four heifers to a man for replacements got up early and penned the cows.
Went got the truck and the cow trailer had a flat, dang nail in a new tire. Well changed it drove down to the pen
I have a Brimmer girl can open a gate as good as any man if you hang the chain on her side. Failed the IQ test and hung it on
Said oh well I let them graze a couple hours and repen them. Decided to do a little driveway maintenance
dang tractor wouldn't start. Wouldn't even turn over nothing battery was good and hot checked all the fuses and they were
good. A rod ent of some sort had chewed the hot wire to the ignition into repaired that.
Went and penned the cows again loaded up the heifers and delivered them and have been hiding in the house every since.

Here is a song dedicated to you Caustic: http://www.metrolyrics.com/life-gets-te ... ms-jr.html

hurleyjd":2zr8xmqi said:
Caustic Burno":2zr8xmqi said:
good. A rod ent of some sort had chewed the hot wire to the ignition into repaired that.

Here is a song dedicated to you Caustic: http://www.metrolyrics.com/life-gets-te ... ms-jr.html
Try this one:
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/v ... ction=view

highgrit":1r6t92ru said:

HG I'm curious. Did "She" ever get that deer feeder full of corn?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :hide:

never think a day will go smooth because if you do itll usually bite you on the butt.

Latest posts