One of my sale bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
Apparently they are alreasy taking pictures of the bulls for the cataloge for the Pot O Gold sale that I participate in. This is one of the calves I sent over to them in Oct. He was weighing 1057 around the first of the year. If he makes 1200 by sale day Feb 28 I will be happy. He is not my best bull there but he's a nice calf and should sell well. BTW this is the calf that was born with a brown birthmark on his right flank flank about the size of a dinner plate. He in fact turned out to be Homozygous Black.
If anyone remembers the heifer i loaned to the 4H girl for a heifer project a few years ago this bull is out of that heifer.
If anyone wants to see his numbers his reg # is AMGV 1244151.

Here is the link to the GV site http://search.gelbvieh.org/anisch.aspx

This is him last summer around mid August you can see his birthmark

His Dam at about the same age.

Really complete looking bull, I don't think you need to take a picture of him on straw, however you probably should rake the ground he is standing on or otherwise someone is going to tell you that your trying to hide something. :lol2:

:clap: nice job!

Gizmom

highgrit":d73uidbs said:
He looked more like a bull last summer to me. But I am sure his numbers are good.

They change every day highgrit. They stretch then they fill. His brother last year looked a lot like him. He ended up with a good frame that took a while to fill. I will say this though. He has the kind of look that the order buyers here are paying some big bucks for. They seem to want some frame that they can hang some meat on.
I do like his depth in the hindquarter and the length of his hip though.

Like i said he is not my best bull but it's a good picture and will represent well in the catalog.

As you know Vic, I don't comment much on cattle posted here ..... Unless I think they are top notch cattle. Yours is top notch in my eyes .... Very nice!

Alan

Latest posts