One of my favorite stories about my husband

Help Support CattleToday:

Gate Opener

Reaction score
My husband and his friend were out on a double date. Husband drove a nice 70 model Camaro that was all souped up. I should say that this was when he was a teenager well before he met me. So he pulls into a gas station and stops. A pickup truck pulls in front of him and runs into him. Two drunk rednecks get out and the driver says "Did I hurt your widdle car" My husbands tells him yes and let me see your drivers license and insurance. The redneck tells him no and goes into the store. My husband follows and tells him again to give him the license and insurance. Still no. Husband tells him again and the redneck says "We're just gonna have to take this outside" So my husband says fine and puts his eye glasses on the counter inside the store and tells the lady to call the police since there is fixin to be a fight. Well, my husband back then probably weighed 140 soaking wet. So my husbands friend Terry who is still in the car says "Hey Buddy is there a problem?" My husband says yea this guy won't give me his information so now him and his friend want to fight me. Terry says ok cool and gets out of the car to fight. Now Terry is as big as a door both ways. Not fat just solid. At the time he belonged to a motorcycle gang so you can imagine. So these guys laid eyes on Terry and they started stuttering around and saying Oh man, I'm sorry, I'm sorry and gave my husband the license and insurance card.

What is your favorite story?

Gate Opener":d8zkhokv said:
What is your favorite story?

Shucks there is so many to tell.

Borrowed Mom's car when I was 20 to take a special lady to her prom. Next morning I woke up and ran out to check and make sure the car was okay. It was fine. Mom pulled into the house I was renting a little later all distraught. She had wrecked my new truck.

One of my earliest dating experiences wound up with a car full of people. We had this bimbo in the car who was dying to go to the restroom. I pulled into a bowling alley. Instead of going inside she just ran behind a van and squatted out in the back of the parking lot. Turns out there were people in the van. It cranked up and drove off leaving her exposed to the world.

I just got hit by a deer a couple months ago, I have a mid 90's Powerstroke and it caved the whole side of the bed in, then she got hung up in the tire, beat around the wheel well then dented the back lower part of the bed, the exhaust, yeah I was pretty upset off, had to put her down as well :shock:

Check It Out

Back when I was spry, a friend and I were having some goosenecks at a watering hole. Friend - Dane - accidently knocked over a fellas beer. Dane tried to apologize, offered to buy him and his friend another but they wouldn't have it. It looked like it was fixing to come to blows and each of these guys were around 6 foot. Seeing the predicament, a friend named Curtis came over. He is about the size of Hoss Cartwright and solid as a rock. He had been listening and keeping an eye on things. Well anyway, he stepped between Dane and the two wouldbe assailants and reached out straight armed and put his hands on the guys shoulders and lifted him straight off the ground and looked him in the eye and said "we don't want no trouble do we" and set the guy down. I mean he lifted him up straightarmed! It still amazes me today when I think of the strength he had. Oh, they "let" Dane buy them a beer and all was forgiven.

Jogeephus":3q4f8zvr said:
Back when I was spry, a friend and I were having some goosenecks at a watering hole. Friend - Dane - accidently knocked over a fellas beer. Dane tried to apologize, offered to buy him and his friend another but they wouldn't have it. It looked like it was fixing to come to blows and each of these guys were around 6 foot. Seeing the predicament, a friend named Curtis came over. He is about the size of Hoss Cartwright and solid as a rock. He had been listening and keeping an eye on things. Well anyway, he stepped between Dane and the two wouldbe assailants and reached out straight armed and put his hands on the guys shoulders and lifted him straight off the ground and looked him in the eye and said "we don't want no trouble do we" and set the guy down. I mean he lifted him up straightarmed! It still amazes me today when I think of the strength he had. Oh, they "let" Dane buy them a beer and all was forgiven.

I love it!!

A buddy of mine and myself were in a bar drinking one night when this nimrod we grew up with came over and sat down with us. The waitress was hotter than a July 4th firecracker and he immediately began hitting on her, I'm sure that had never happened to her. :roll: He is kind of the flambouyant type so he promptly told her to bring all three of us a drink and keep the change, throwing a 20 down on the table. Only thing was, he threw down a 50 by accident. :lol2: That was the best drink I've had in my life. What a moron.

cfpinz

cfpinz":3p7s80yj said:
A buddy of mine and myself were in a bar drinking one night when this nimrod we grew up with came over and sat down with us. The waitress was hotter than a July 4th firecracker and he immediately began hitting on her, I'm sure that had never happened to her. :roll: He is kind of the flambouyant type so he promptly told her to bring all three of us a drink and keep the change, throwing a 20 down on the table. Only thing was, he threw down a 50 by accident. :lol2: That was the best drink I've had in my life. What a moron.

cfpinz

His name wasn't Crowder was it? :lol: :lol:

It was the early 70s...when things were a little unsteady in the U.S. and teenaged boys were doing radical things like letting their hair grow a little long...that's as radical as teenaged boys got here in Stephenville, anyway.

My brother was one of those "radicals." He and another friend with longish hair went into the all night cafe here in town. Some people had just come in from their Saturday night in Mingus and were still pretty loaded...and began to give those two a ration of @#$% about their hair.

A man walked into the cafe that everyone in town knew...he'd just gotten out of several years of "confinement" for "convincing" someone that it wasn't nice to make fun of other people...namely himself.

He sat up at the counter and listened to the hurrahing my brother and his friend were taking, got up, got a chair, and pulled it over to my brother's booth. By then my brother figured he and his friend were done for. BUT, this old boy began telling my brother about our mother having been his freshman English prof in college and how much he appreciated her for everything she'd done for him...and he said it loud enough for the people giving my brother a hard time to hear.

The waitress calmly walked over and gave the people their check and told them it was time to leave...and they did, quietly and respectfully.

Alice

My Hubby is the biggest(6'4'' 260lbs- all muscle) gentlest guy around-no temper at all.

He was having a bad day(month)- and was already irritated at all the "townies" moving in and changing things.

we went to "town" in the old truck One winter day- hubby tends to let his hair and beard grow in the winter- doesn't believe in trimming either(brings on a cold).

We stopped at "the" light- Hubby got to day dreaming and didn'y see it change right away. A little expensive sports car was behind us and blew his horn at him. Hubby decided that he was going to tell the guy how rude he thought that was. So he opened his door and got out to go talk(that was all he had in mind). The guy in the sports car didn't know hubby and just the sight of him coming back made him throw it in reverse spin it in the middle of the road and leave tire tracks getting gone.

Hubby couldn't figure out why the guy acted so strange-- but to him looking like Grizzly Adams is the norm :)