One more thing about this ranch

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
So a friend of my wife stopped and spent the night. She had played around some in the past panning for gold. Well the are just up stream of here was a big gold mining area years ago. The gold rush started back in 1860's and the major mining shut down in the 1920's. This place was never mined but the river that runs through those mines runs through my place. So my wife and her friend went out to the river and ran a few pans. They found a little speck of gold on the first pan. They ended up panning out 6 about shovel fulls. They got 8 specks of gold. So it appears I not only bought a ranch, I bought a gold mine.
We ended up taking the friend for a drive up the canyon to where the big mines had been. We found the site where those guys from the TV show Gold Rush mined when they were here in Oregon. They didn't find much gold but the area they tried to mine were worked pretty hard back in the day.

Dave":2slsdge8 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2slsdge8 said:
I've about had enough of you rubbing it in Dave! :lol:

I know. I felt bad posting this and question if I should say anything.
Gold going to fall to $100 an ounce tomorrow...... :lol2: :lol2:

Our area was very heavily mined as well.. a lot of the features of the canyon are manmade from placer mining.. below our place there are HUGE mounds of rock, all carried by chinese miners.. my back aches just looking at them

1982vett":29awqwpu said:
Dave":29awqwpu said:
Farm Fence Solutions":29awqwpu said:
I've about had enough of you rubbing it in Dave! :lol:

I know. I felt bad posting this and question if I should say anything.
Gold going to fall to $100 an ounce tomorrow...... :lol2: :lol2:

Find anything other than black gold here your going to have to look in someone's mouth.

M-5":94rgbk2j said:
I think he is over exaggerating the amenities of his place hoping one of yall will offer him 10 times what he paid for it.

No. I knew there was gold here before I bought the place. I am not excited about a couple specks that you can barely see. We aren't going to go to digging up the fields. Actually I found it more interesting that we found the site where Todd Hoffman and the guys from Gold Rush filmed at. I have heard them talk about restoration on that show. Well there sure isn't any restoration on that site. They just packed up and left. If it weren't for the fact that it is in the middle of no where I am sure somebody would raise a stink.