one man corrals

Help Support CattleToday:

KNERSIE

Reaction score
Has anybody seen any of the one man corral designs that are advertised lately on CT?

I can't see myself buying the plans without first seeing at the very least small undetailed diagrams.

Has anyone got links to other one man corrals or experience of any?

What if it was a really really really big man, like say Paul Bunyon? :lol:

The guy's name is John Kersten and the web site is http://www.onemancorrals.net/ I got the full package and thought it had a lot of interesting ideas, but since I'm a complete newbie that may not mean much. :D Anyway, his web site has a sketch of one of his plans on the front page.

Knersie, did you ever get the plans? What did you think?

I am a newbie myself. Not sure I am excited about paying for them before I see much but I am wondering if I might not get some ideas that I wouldn't come up with otherwise.

I'm trying to come up with an idea that would allow me to get by with not too many modifications or use something portable so that I can take it with me when I move.

No, I'm too tight to buy the package. I've just recently rebuilt my corral and it works really great, better than any of the Temple grandin designs I've tried in the past.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":10s42f34 said:
So are you going to "share" your plan.

For those who have only ever read about working cows to ridicule the straight lines? I think not. ;-)

I'll draw a diagram and those that are interested can just ask and I'll e-mail it to them.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1crqvzxq said:
Well, you can have straight lines, crooked lines, cross lines - I don't care. :lol2:

Yeah really, as long as it works. If the whole set-up allows you to accomplish what you're trying to do, what difference does it make.

(I guess I just found a way to agree with Jeanne using too many words.) :oops:

Katherine

im a one man show ..i do all 15 cows calfs by myself..wife styas on the outside or swings the gate from behind it..one man corrals and chtes aint hard to figure out..but it does depend on how many animals . i can move all my panels cuzits a prifert swinf system. i have 20 panels and i can crowd then using the panels by moving them together oce i git them into the small pen where i feed them. if yer gonna be a one man show ya gotta have help ya a alittel so i got em bucket trained for the most part..a cpl wont play but patience is a good thing if yer doin it yer self..specially taggin or dehorning/castrating etc.

sometime ya gotta do it when ts convenient for th cow..not you

gary

canoetrpr":22iulk89 said:
KNERSIE:

I'm interested in looking at your setup to see if I can adopt some ideas.

pm it over my way if you don't mind.

Thanks!
Ditto. I'd like to see what you've done since we last chatted. :)

Latest posts