One for the Darwin Awards

Help Support CattleToday:

EAT BEEF

Reaction score
Well if the gas didn't get em,the fire might have.Any that did make it should be easy to find now that her hair is out of the way.

Lammie

Reaction score
That same thing happened in Dallas several years ago.

I went through the lice thing with the boys for about three months once. William kept getting them at Kindergarten. I never thought of resorting to that, though. I knew parents who were using Zodiac dog shampoo, though.

angie1

Reaction score
john250":2vtaw79a said:
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20090226/MOMS/90226018

EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — A teenager who soaked her hair in gasoline to try to kill head lice was critically burned when the gas fumes ignited and set her head ablaze, police said.
Hmmmm ~ its interesting you bring this up. A woman I know (MM) recently had a similar hair......er.....mishap :help: . Least she still has hers. Or most of it anyhow. :???:

hillsdown

Reaction score
angie":2k0tka7b said:
john250":2k0tka7b said:
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20090226/MOMS/90226018

EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — A teenager who soaked her hair in gasoline to try to kill head lice was critically burned when the gas fumes ignited and set her head ablaze, police said.
Hmmmm ~ its interesting you bring this up. A woman I know (MM) recently had a similar hair......er.....mishap :help: . Least she still has hers. Or most of it anyhow. :???:

That is a very sad story.. :(

But speaking of MM I am almost to the desperate stage that if I don't get to a stylist soon I may have to try jello or kool aid.. I wonder how purple will look :???: :p

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I can see why this poor girl can be nominated for the Darwin Awards, but I can't help but think that maybe the AMA and the EPA shouldn't at least get a nomination for the Golden Pork Award with their successful efforts in outlawing Lindane. Lindane is the best treatment for lice and up until a few years ago it could be purchased for about $40/gal. Now, you can only get it through a costly doctor's visit and then and only then are you allowed to purchase this treatment for a mere cost of $100/ounce ($12,800/gal) I just hope the AMA doesn't get their sights set on gasoline.

LoveMoo11

Reaction score
she should've just saved herself the trouble and shaved her head to begin with.