? On Bull Calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

kslady

Reaction score
We have a 2 month old Bull calf that has started riding the other calves. Is this normal???

kslady":3odibxh8 said:
We have a 2 month old Bull calf that has started riding the other calves. Is this normal???

It's normal for our bull calves. They'll also "bull fight". I think it's a dominance thing at that age.

We have one that was born on 3/27/07 he is trying to ride the other calve's so yes it's normal

rattler

cattleluvr18":q6w67bkv said:
its normal for the rest of his life unforunetly.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup totally normal... have them even riding mamma cows with the bigs boys-they learn from the best I guess.

*Cowgirl*":33znvymg said:
typical sex crazed male. name him denny krane ;-)

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But ya gotta love ole Denny.

Well...Well, now....let's not get the mighty "Y" chromosone involved here.
Heifer calves will ride just like the boys, the bull and steer calves just get a bad rap because of it. DMc

On a more serious note.
I would be very careful around that calf or you just might find yourself underneath him, or pined up against a fence. It is not that uncommon for cattle to attempt to mount their human care giver.
Particularly you ladies at certain times of the month.
If you are ever close to any animal with a Flehmen response (curling of the upper lip with the head raised) get away fast.
SL

Sir Loin":3o9udn87 said:
On a more serious note.
I would be very careful around that calf or you just might find yourself underneath him, or pined up against a fence. It is not that uncommon for cattle to attempt to mount their human care giver.
If you are ever close to any animal with a Flehmen response (curling of the upper lip with the head raised) get away fast.
SL
Its not just ladies.
I have an X bottle calf getting banded today for that very reason. Didn,t hurt me, but I have grandkids that I worry about. This calf was only 2 months old.

Sir Loin":1tey7o8g said:
On a more serious note.
SL

I am sorry but this has been bugging me for two days.

What the???
SL what are you blathering about do you believe everything that you hear from "wive's tales"? :???:
The animals mounting anything is so true and a very good response but the female time of the month thing you really have no idea what the heck you are talking about.

I suuppose you are the one that advices women not to go into the woods when it is that "time" for them because the bears will be after them.How do you feel about people wearing red around bulls??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts