On a rant need some advice

Help Support CattleToday:

Not addressing the milking machine, but for the clipping and other chute work, do it before you haul to the show. That way you should only need to wash and a little light clipper work. If there is a "Fair Board" involved, talk over the cleaning issues with them. Maybe a directive from them sould alleviate some of the problems.

I don't think that she is going to be able to bring all of the cows to each fair so I was texting her last night and what she said is "I will bring all 6 of them to the Stratham Fair to see which one wins then not show the ones that did not win in the next fairs" I don't really think that is what the term "project calf" means but that is her problem. They are all different ages and breeds so she will be able to do that i guess.

OwnedByTheCow":3857biym said:
I don't think that she is going to be able to bring all of the cows to each fair so I was texting her last night and what she said is "I will bring all 6 of them to the Stratham Fair to see which one wins then not show the ones that did not win in the next fairs" I don't really think that is what the term "project calf" means but that is her problem. They are all different ages and breeds so she will be able to do that i guess.

Don't worry any about her cows. Let her show a dozen. Shouldn't be a concern.

You can't let little things get to you. Why are you involved? Focus on the things you can do and be successful at that.

Secure your property. A halter aint worth going to jail over.

You are learning social skills. The hard way. There are worse things we face in life than this. Practically all of us have. But after sufficing situations such as the one you describe, we were better prepared.

You will meet some azzholes in life. Unfortuneately many of them. Learn how to handle them now.

OwnedByTheCow":1afnbxwg said:
I am really expecting her to ask for help with her new 6 cows which I have no idea how I am going to handle it, she knows exactly how to manipulate me and I try but we will see I try and she knows how nice I am and just walks right over me.
It's okay to say "no" and mean it. I hate turning people down as well so I know how hard that can be but you have to set boundaries and stand by them or people like her will walk all over you in life. Make a lame excuse as to why you can't help if you have to to ease your mind but make sure that in your mind that excuse is your way of saying"He!! NO" and stand by it. Don't be taken advantage of.
In fact her asking for help is a good chance to tell her how you feel... as in "I don't want to help you because I see _______". Leave the word "you" out of your response so that she focuses on what you're saying instead of feeling attacked and tell her how you see what is happening from your point of view.
If you see that she needs help somewhere along the way in some way that her other help can't help her and kindness is in your heart then by all means help her out but don't let her use you.

Latest posts