Olympics

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
Last night on the news they were talking about a young lady from Beaverton, Oregon who gets to pack the American flag in the open of the Olympics. She expressed that it was a real honor to be choosen.

It turns out that she is a fencer. Now I thought we should have some Olympic class fencers on this board but I guess not.... some little gal from Beaverton beat you guys out.

Dave":3co0hgfg said:
Last night on the news they were talking about a young lady from Beaverton, Oregon who gets to pack the American flag in the open of the Olympics. She expressed that it was a real honor to be choosen.

It turns out that she is a fencer. Now I thought we should have some Olympic class fencers on this board but I guess not.... some little gal from Beaverton beat you guys out.

Good for her. Is she in the barbed wire, the hi-tensile wire, or the woven wire class?

Saw her on the news this morning. Don't know about the barb wire or the web wire. But i would say she would be dangerous in a knife fight.

Alan":20sy9721 said:
I believe this is her third Olympics and pretty unbeatable.

Alan

Yes, and she won gold at her first two. I saw a clip of her. She is so quick that it was over before it got started.

I got a charge out of Dana Vollmer winning gold. Set a new world record in butterfly. I remember when Les (her dad) was deciding whether or not to sign her up for Granbury Seals swim team. He's gotta be beaming. We no longer work together. Dana grew up here.

I watched two young ladies judo fighting this morning. Looked a lot like that MMA stuff. One of them twisted the others arm into submission. I didn't know that was an Olympic sport.

Bigfoot":r0j9npfh said:
I watched two young ladies judo fighting this morning. Looked a lot like that MMA stuff. One of them twisted the others arm into submission. I didn't know that was an Olympic sport.
Yes it is and I wish they would show more of it and I wish I knew when they were going to show it.
Although I admit that watching a contest can look very awkward and disorganized unless you know something about the sport.

Bigfoot":2hlx60jy said:

Was it in a pit full of jello?

Just watched the double amputee from South Africa in the 200 meter dash I believe it was. Pretty awesome. He was last place or 2nd to last but still impressive. If beach volleyball comes up next I won't be mad.

Latest posts