Olympics anybody watching?

Help Support CattleToday:

I saw memes on facebook saying Simone Biles somehow got pushed out and it wasn't exactly her choice, can't speak to the truth behind it all, but it's another aspect to look at

Yes, Australia is doing good this year.
The top 10 as of tonight.
medalcount.jpg

(Canada (since there are Canadian members at CT is currently #17, with 3 gold, 4 silver, 7 bronze 14 total)
Winter Olympics medal count would probably look a lot different.

ROC is not Rep of China. It is "Russian Olympic Committee" and is a kind of workaround for athletes to be able to compete that were not part of the doping scheme that got Russia banned . If they win a gold medal, the Russian national anthem will not be played but they can wear Russian colors.

Last edited:
Australia won gold today in the men's 470 sailing, Matt Belcher and Will Ryan. At the next Olympics the 470's are going to a male/female crew and that is what my grandkids are training for. Matt has been helping them, they are sailing a boat that Matt won a world title in and he has given them a lot of his sails. The sails usually only get used for one regatta at that top level so are pretty good. All they need now is for all these quarantine restrictions to lift so they can get to Europe and compete, the 470's are very big in Europe.

Ken

Basketball Gold Medal Finals
Halftime
USA 44
France 39

USA is seeking to avenge the 83-76 loss to France in stage 1
Kevin Durant leading scorer with 21 first half points
France has a deadly 3 point shooter, so they are never out of any game
Blocked Shots USA 4 France 0
but USA is racking up the fouls, France attempted 17 free throws in the 1st half

Last edited:
USA 87
France 82

France's 3rd Silver Medal in the Olympics in Basketball - they are a power house
given how big of favorites USA is in each game.
France's best players are NBA players. The NBA's defensive player of the year is France's starting center. They are not a bunch of scrubs.

Last edited:
They need to bring this back as an Olympic sport.

image.png

I'm not big on soccer, but I did watch the the Canadian women play the US and then Sweden in the final. I have to say it was a good watch.

Yea and France's best players are NBA players. The NBA's defensive player of the year is France's starting center. They are not a bunch of scrubs.
Same with us and Patty Mills. Ben Simmons should have been there but for one reason or another didn't want to. To be honest the form he was in at the back end of the season i feel he wouldn't of helped much.

Same with us and Patty Mills. Ben Simmons should have been there but for one reason or another didn't want to. To be honest the form he was in at the back end of the season i feel he wouldn't of helped much.
I think Simmons is a great young player, just not found the right team. He does need to work on his shooting, everything else is all NBA. His size, defense and ballhandling would have helped IMO in the Olympics..

They did good.

Last edited:
Is it over yet?
Women's basketball finals, currently end of 3rd quarter
USA 75
Japan 56

USA Olympic team record 55-0
Women's team is seeking to match the men's team record of 7 consecutive gold medals.

The pressure to win in Women's basketball has never been about winning the game, the pressure on team USA has been to always dominate and win by double digits.

Final
USA 90
Japan 75

Congratulations to Japan on winning the Silver Medal, it's Japan's 1st medal in basketball in Olympic history.

Last edited:
So this is your way of saying, "Merci Beaucoup'' to Lafayette and Rochambeau ?

Latest posts