Olympics anybody watching?

Help Support CattleToday:

She did.... they have spots to fill, someone did not get picked... sat and watched her throw it all away.
NO.
5 members per team and only top 4 scores count in team competition.
They had an alternate along, 24 yr old Mykayla Skinner who had announced her retirement via Instagram the week before, but Biles 'injury' occurred too late in the team competition for an alternate to be used.

MyKayla Skinner then replaced Simone Biles in the the individual vault event and she went on to win the Silver Medal in the vault behind 22 yr old Rebeca Andrade of Brazil who won the Gold. Simone Biles Blocked No One. That is a false narrative... aka fake news.

Last edited:
Men's High Jump was an exciting competition.
After 7' 7.25" it was down to 2 men, Italy's Tamberi and defending world champion Barshim from Qatar who had cleared 7' 10.5" eleven times in his career.
neither had any misses and were tied for the Gold at 7' 8.5" which Barshim cleared easily, Then Tamberi, who had recovered from a career threatening leg injury the previous year, cleared the bar too, but it wiggled ever so slightly.

At 7' 9.3" Barshim cleared the bar so easily even Tamberi applauded.
Again, touching the bar ever so slightly, Tamberi also cleared it.

7' 10" and a surprising miss by Barshim opening the door for the Italian to win.
But Tamberi failed at 7' 10" and the judge carrying the rule sheet came over to explain the jump off rules. As the judge began explaining, Barshim asked, Can there be 2 Gold Medals? The judge replied it's possible, if you both agree.
The 2 men looked at each other grinning and nodding to each other and the celebration began, with the Italian going nuts at his unexpected Gold Medal finish.

Last edited:
After 7' 7.25" it was down to 2 men, Italy's Tamberi and defending world champion Barshim from Qatar who had cleared 7' 10.5" eleven times in his career.
neither had any misses and were tied for the Gold at 7' 8.5" which Barshim cleared easily, Then Tamberi, who had recovered from a career threatening leg injury the previous year, cleared the bar too, but it wiggled ever so slightly.

7' 10" and a surprising miss by Barshim opening the door for the Italian to win.
But Tamberi failed at 7' 10" and the judge carrying the rule sheet came over to explain the jump off rules. As the judge began explaining, Barshim asked, Can there be 2 Gold Medals? The judge replied it's possible, if you both agree.
The 2 men looked at each other grinning and nodding to each other and the celebration began, with the Italian going nuts at his unexpected Gold Medal finish.
The record still stands at 8ft 1/4 in. Amazing how high those guy can get. I was watching that yesterday in disbelief clearing a bar at almost 8 ft.

In HS I could get over 6 ft. and that was considered high for HS. This local guy went 7 ft in HS as he barely missed at 7'2". The guy was also the 1992 NCAA slam dunk champion. He was like a pogo stick.

He was the1992 NCAA slam dunk champion

Last edited:
The record still stands at 8ft 1/4 in. Amazing how high those guy can get. I was watching that yesterday in disbelief clearing a bar at almost 8 ft.

In HS I could get over 6 ft. and that was considered high for that. I competed against this guy who went 7 ft in HS as he barely missed at 7'2".. The guy was also the 1992 NCAA slam duck champion

he guy was also the 1992 NCAA slam duck champion

Quite an athlete. I enjoyed the article.

In HS I could get over 6 ft. and that was considered high for HS. I competed against this local guy who went 7 ft in HS as he barely missed at 7'2". The guy was also the 1992 NCAA slam dunk champion. He was like a pogo stick.

He was the1992 NCAA slam dunk champion

I watched the high jump and am always amazed how high they jump. When i was 15 i was at the interschool championships as i was fairly good at sport. To my surprise i was put in the b division high jump. I had barely done high jump and won with a jump of 5'6" which surprised me as I'm not built for jumping being more solid. What was amazing was my mate, who came up to my shoulder, jumped 5'8" to place 2nd in A division. I'm sure if we knew how to jump we could have done better but our school wasn't interested in sports at all.

Australia is doing very well in the medal count considering our population.

I watched the finals at Cheyenne. Stetson Wright won the saddle bronc riding with a 90 and was 4th in the bull riding to give him the all around title. That gave him 2 all around titles in a row. Last time a rough stock rider did that was Jim Shoulders in the early 60's. To make it an international competition Ky Hamilton from Australia won the bull riding with a 89. There were Canadians there too, I just don't recall any of them winning first place.

There are card players still lobbying to have a Poker Tournament added to the Olympics as a sport.
Did I hear it correctly on the radio this morning that the trans-fatty from New Zealand failed to beat the natural born females in the weight lifting? That's beyond embarrassing.

Did I hear it correctly on the radio this morning that the trans-fatty from New Zealand failed to beat the natural born females in the weight lifting? That's beyond embarrassing.
I thought that was a little amusing myself. especially when he/she was expected to take home the gold. I heard she just didn't have the balls to get the job done.

In HS I could get over 6 ft. and that was considered high for HS. This local guy went 7 ft in HS as he barely missed at 7'2". The guy was also the 1992 NCAA slam dunk champion. He was like a pogo stick.
Girl's High School record is 6' 4.5" set in 2015 by Vashti Cunningham
She finished 13th in the 2016 Olympics with 6' 2" jump.
2019 she place 3rd in the World Championships with 6' 6.75" jump
She is competing in this year's Olympics and she is the daughter of former NFL QB
Randall Cunningham and her mother is a former professional ballerina.

Girl's High School record is 6' 4.5" set in 2015 by Vashti Cunningham
She finished 13th in the 2016 Olympics with 6' 2" jump.
2019 she place 3rd in the World Championships with 6' 6.75" jump
She is competing in this year's Olympics and she is the daughter of former NFL QB
Randall Cunningham and her mother is a former professional ballerina.
Gravity is not pulling down on her a lot as she ought to be able to get off the ground.

gallery-1470373730-gettyimages-516735394.jpg

Simone Biles won the Bronze on the balance beam last night.
And No she didn't 'block' anyone, Suni Lee placed 5th.
What that girl has done in the past and achieved she would have every right to be first picked. The pressure on her to perform at a level above would be beyond compare. It all became too much and that is understandable in my opinion. How many of us could handle the worlds expectations when 24 years old. I guess you could say a victim of her own success.

What that girl has done in the past and achieved she would have every right to be first picked. The pressure on her to perform at a level above would be beyond compare. It all became too much and that is understandable in my opinion. How many of us could handle the worlds expectations when 24 years old. I guess you could say a victim of her own success.
Expectations so high and anything less, called a failure.

Her 2016 Gold was unbelievable as it starts around the 20 second mark.....she could hit the floor flat and standup on her feet with no assist needed, unreal.

Last edited:
Simone Biles probably the best female gymnast all time seems to be having mental health issues. IMO she is having physical health issues also. At the age of 24 years old you are pretty much over the hill in gymnastics and I am sure it will work on you mentally to see those 15-16 year old's do things you no longer can do.
What's working on her is the judges saying they will reduce her score because she is so talented it's not fair to the other participants to give her a score so high.

What's working on her is the judges saying they will reduce her score because she is so talented it's not fair to the other participants to give her a score so high.
And, they are faced with having to judge any of her performances against what they think she is capable of or has done in the past, regardless of how much better it may have been in relation to her immediate competitors. i.e, the judging curve for her is much steeper than for her competitors.

sounds like great sportsmanship!

Latest posts