Olympic ties

Help Support CattleToday:

VanC

Reaction score
Katherine Reutter, who won a silver and a bronze in speed skating at Vancouver, is from my home town and graduated from the same high school I did. Same for Bonnie Blair, who has five golds and a bronze from three previous Olympics.
Anyone else have any ties to Olympic athletes?

Sure, me and Lindsey Vaughn grew up in the same country. Did I mention I think she's hot?

Matt Hemingway (High Jumper) grew up in the next town. His Dad was a customer of mine. Fine young man.

A prediction for the 2016 summer games. If he progresses like I think he will we have a young man who grew up in the town where I live who will be an Olympic Champion in Discus. He was the schoolboy national champion this summer and set a new national record. He was also a state champ shot putter.

Remember this name Mason Finley 6'8" 320lb @ the tender age of 18. This kid is a phenom.
He is a freshman @ KU. Click on this link for more.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle. ... =204848453

TexasBred":dijew9cx said:
I use to chase Florence Griffin Joyner....never could catch her....does that count? :cowboy:

ABSOLUTELY :clap: It's the thought that counts :nod:

I use to drive down to Baylor University and watch Michael Johnson work out. At the time they had 3 other world class quarter milers and he just toyed with them.

Tom and Terry Brands - wrestlers and now coaches at the University of Iowa, and AG Kruger - hammer throw are from Sheldon, Iowa - Home of the Orabs (try and figure that one out). I sub teach there.

iowa hawkeyes":15ppp6le said:
Tom and Terry Brands - wrestlers and now coaches at the University of Iowa, and AG Kruger - hammer throw are from Sheldon, Iowa - Home of the Orabs (try and figure that one out). I sub teach there.

Tried to google ORAB...all I found was home of the "Orange and Black"...ORAB..are those the school colors?

TexasBred":31u3hc4r said:
iowa hawkeyes":31u3hc4r said:

Tried to google ORAB...all I found was home of the "Orange and Black"...ORAB..are those the school colors?

ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. There is no mascot, just Go Big "O"

john250":2swuzs2r said:
Are you saying there was a Georgian in the winter olympics? I must have missed the alligator wrestling

No, it was extreme speed cat juggling. Seems to have lost its following of late. Gator rastling will be in the summer games in Baton
Rouge.

Latest posts