Oldest thing you own.

Help Support CattleToday:

Well, I hadn't initially considered flint/chert points, or rocks I've collected from various places around the country/world.
Outside of those... it'd probably be my great-grandather's (born 1862) hunting horn, fashioned, I presume from the horn sheath from one of his own cattle.
Next up, some antique barbed wire I salvaged off the back line fence of the farm I grew up on, dating back to ~ 1883. Like this:1615216222327.png

You either don't have enough to do or you need help.........................

I'm beyond help. 🤪😝 Just a little fun I thought it would be interests, sorry if you don't enjoy it your more than welcome not to read or click to block my post. 😊 Either way I'm still going to be me. 🙌🏾 I enjoy see what everyone responds. I enjoy old stuff I have an appreciation for them rather being old tractors, vehicles, houses, barns, buildings, antiques, or just vintage. They are part of history and I enjoy history. Anybody can go buy new it takes more to own something old. ❤

Our oldest items would be a 100 year old rental house. It's nothing fancy, the fact it's 100 years old I love it. That's the first thing that comes to my mind. My husband said the land and dirt when I post this. Our land once joined the neighbors as one huge farm the old man neighbor he was 89 he passed way, he said he was born on our land in a small house down by the creek. It used to be his family's land than was divided and sold at one point.
The rest I will have to think about...
Ya'll have a nice day.

I'm beyond help. 🤪😝 Just a little fun I thought it would be interests, sorry if you don't enjoy it your more than welcome not to read or click to block my post. 😊 Either way I'm still going to be me. 🙌🏾 I enjoy see what everyone responds. I enjoy old stuff I have an appreciation for them rather being old tractors, vehicles, houses, barns, buildings, antiques, or just vintage. They are part of history and I enjoy history. Anybody can go buy new it takes more to own something old. ❤

Our oldest items would be a 100 year old rental house. It's nothing fancy, the fact it's 100 years old I love it. That's the first thing that comes to my mind. My husband said the land and dirt when I post this. Our land once joined the neighbors as one huge farm the old man neighbor he was 89 he passed way, he said he was born on our land in a small house down by the creek. It used to be his family's land than was divided and sold at one point.
The rest I will have to think about...
Ya'll have a nice day.
That's neat, I didn't even think about a house. We have one of those 100+ year old rent houses too. We have just been in the process of re renting it out. Spent a lot of our time over the last last month cleaning, painting, and running back and forth to stores getting flooring and plumbing fixtures for it. The house was an old railroad section house. It was moved onto my families property many years ago by way of horses. When my mother inherited that farm back in the early 90's she had a lot of work done on it including putting in a bathroom. I'm not sure but it may have been one of the last houses in our county to have an outhouse.

That's neat, I didn't even think about a house. We have one of those 100+ year old rent houses too. We have just been in the process of re renting it out. Spent a lot of our time over the last last month cleaning, painting, and running back and forth to stores getting flooring and plumbing fixtures for it. The house was an old railroad section house. It was moved onto my families property many years ago by way of horses. When my mother inherited that farm back in the early 90's she had a lot of work done on it including putting in a bathroom. I'm not sure but it may have been one of the last houses in our county to have an outhouse.
Theres an outhouse thread around here somewhere! I think I even put a picture up..
Idk why but out houses are just pretty kool

Theres an outhouse thread around here somewhere! I think I even put a picture up..

Yea I started that too cause I need help. Can ya'll give be a right to the nuthouse. 🤡😝🤪

I enjoyed that thread as well. ❤

I'm beyond help. 🤪😝 Just a little fun I thought it would be interests, sorry if you don't enjoy it your more than welcome not to read or click to block my post. 😊 Either way I'm still going to be me.
This forum is similar to an old country song sometimes; if it isn't trucks, cows, manual labor, hunting, fishing............. you need help or have too much free time. I think it's against the law in some places to enjoy things outside the farm/ranch arena. Anyway, I enjoy the fun posts.

We were traveling back roads here in west tn down by the river a "few" years ago. This was found behind a church that was made of Riverstone but had deteriorated to a pile of stones, I assume after the roof was removed many years ago. Had to get a pic..... no not using it. The top and seat were not there but it made for a fun pic.

Attachments

• 254764_237566222948818_7783516_n.jpg
    254764_237566222948818_7783516_n.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 17

If walls could talk the stories they would tell.

The land that I'm currently privileged to be the caretaker and "keeper" of "technically" is mine.........

I know for a fact, from the written testimony of the only One that was actually there to witness it, that testimony being held to be accountable before Almighty God, that it dates back all the way to the third day of creation. Gen. 1:9-13! Can't get much older than that!

Ah... but I guess I can lay claim to something older. I have my Creator Savior God as my very own, and I am His very own, who has been there from eternity! My most precious of all of my possessions!

I have a roll top desk I inherited from my father, he got it from the National Bank in Hope North Dakota in the 50s when the bank was changing office furniture. It is apparently part of the original furniture when the bank opened in the late 1800s

Latest posts