oldest daughter getting married

Help Support CattleToday:

brownmule

Reaction score
amanda once she graduates from OSU in 2010 vet med will be getting married. adam is at WVU pharmacy school, she was in at morgantown this week end, went and looked at a place for the reception, holy cow.. talk about sticker price! went to a winery was nice but kinda small, they want 1300 for the building and 35 to 40 a plate, they cater so we can not do the food..,which i guess wouldnt be bad if i was one of these ppl who dont do anything and cant cook for 100 ppl. they will be getting marreid at weslyan{ buckhannon} college at the chapel which it beautiful. and thats were they met at college. hes from the other end of wv near va, so buckhannon is in the middle for everyone. not beeing from there makes it hard to know the great spots. so i have some work cut out for me. at least i have some time to work this out. LOL tryed to talk her in to using the old state hospital . beautiful old building, great lawn, im sure we could work up a deal, LOL was on ghost hunters last yr. it's haunted.. now wouldnt that add to the excitement ! she wouldnt go for it go figure !
http://www.trans-alleghenylunaticasylum.com/
oh well i think this summer ill go ck this out, not up to the " stay over nite" but it could be fun.. Rose hope they dont want to keep me!

You posted that pic of her on that horse way back when. She's a very good looking young lady. It is not suprising that some one was looking to tie the knot with her.

No telling how much we spent on the wedding for our daughter. It is easy to can drop $25K in a hurry.

A very good friend of mine is a photographer - flies all over to do weddings. Her minimum package is $10K and she is generally booked way out there. That in itself amazes me.

I dread the day when my "lil princess" aka Doodle Bug gets married. It will be some time yet as I've explained to her that I will not let her date until she is 40. She is OK with that now as she still believes in coodies. ;-)

A haunted asylum! Tooooo cooooool! You gotta work that into this event somehow. :nod:

Alice

backhoeboogie":15abc5qn said:
No telling how much we spent on the wedding for our daughter. It is easy to can drop $25K in a hurry.
Is that "K" like in thousand :?:

A very good friend of mine is a photographer - flies all over to do weddings. Her minimum package is $10K and she is generally booked way out there. That in itself amazes me.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yikes! Sounds like you better be saving your pennies...bet the haunted asylum would be way cheaper and way more fun! When I get married, I'm keeping it simple-and I'm riding out on a John Deere, not in a limo. Congratulations to your daughter!!

backhoeboogie":26634sck said:
You posted that pic of her on that horse way back when. She's a very good looking young lady. It is not suprising that some one was looking to tie the knot with her.

Yes, I am so looking forward to my step daughter getting married... I'm sure she will want the best of everything. Good thing she has rich grandparents. She isn't engaged or anything, and if she's gonna finish law school then she can pay her own way. She's darn near thirty. She'd better get on the stick.

Congrats Brownmule! My son works with a gal that got married in an old funeral home.

Ryder":32vejvqb said:
backhoeboogie":32vejvqb said:
Is that "K" like in thousand :?:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I offered mine 10K if they didn't have a big wedding one took it and put it down on her house and the other didn't so I told her that I was only spending the 10K and anything over that she was going to have to pay for
I believe her total wedding cost about 14K
and I feel it was money that was threw away and in y opinion the daughter that took the 10K and had a small wedding had a much nicer and alot less stressful wedding than the expensive one
One thing we don't have to pay for is the photography My neice and her husband own a very high end national photography company and they always fly someone in for all the weddings in the family and take the photos that is their present to the new couple

When I married, back in 1986, my dad gave me 1,000.00 and told me that was it. I found a second hand wedding dress, which I loved, my sister made the bridesmaid dresses, my ex's landlady was a florist and gave us all the flowers and bouquets as a wedding gift. We rented the tuxedos for all the groomsmen. It was a small wedding, but very nice, relatively stress free, and paid for with enough money left to pay for part of a nice reception at a hotel near the old Ranger Stadium with a very nice cake and finger sandwiches.

I watch Bridezillas all the time. Just to see some of those gals absolutely flip out over the wedding really makes me chuckle.

my youngest daughter amber was the one on the horse we done did that wedding, got about 2500 in that , but we did every thing from the food to flowers brides maids dresses, decorations u name it. i had about 800 in food, and 600 in renting the park, and pool, and dj which she had a good and stayed extra, the reception lasted from 4 till about 11.30 at night, was a tropical reception.was great. teakie torches palm tree s kinda event with pig roast, and all the fix'ens, i made 6 gal of baked beans, 6 pork shoulders were on the grill, and about 4 gal of hot dog chili was made plus salads. i love to cook for big turn outs, i have friends that are commercial cooks, and we know what it cost to do the food we have at least on hog roast at the farm in the summer.
amber and amanda and as different as night and day , amber was always my WEEEEE kid...where amanda was always my'" well lets analyze this kid" im sure i could of talked amber in to the "state hosp thing" simply because it would of be an adventure.. amanda doest want me to have to work hard for her reception. but i tell her that's a mom thing and that's what i do,,,
so my friends and i are gonna go on a hunt for some where. as soon as the weather breaks.. i just hate dealing w up tight stuffy ppl.. especially when we can do what they do, only better.. lol yeah this wedding is proubly gonna cost me !
this was amber {girl w the horse} 2 summers ago
Picture063.jpg

amber was casual, event amanda's will prim and proper ... 47 different forks kinda event..LOL

like i said night and day with those two Rose

Latest posts