older than dirt

Help Support CattleToday:

C'mon, you've heard the Animals. Just might not have known who it was. I don't mind saying I'm 54, be 55 in February. Still have a few good years left if something don't kill me first. :D

hooknline":1ihlirec said:
Who the heck is that GA???showing your age age now

Surely you have heard a few of these classic songs before .. . Burdon's powerful voice can be heard in The Animals singles "The House of the Rising Sun", "Sky Pilot", "Monterey", "I'm Crying", "Boom Boom", "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood", "Bring It On Home to Me", "Baby Let Me Take You Home", "It's My Life", "We Gotta Get out of This Place", "Don't Bring Me Down", and "See See Rider".

Before my time too, but they are still played and often as well as covered by others .http://youtu.be/mmdPQp6Jcdk

Cool story GA . :tiphat:

I'd have to hear em to say. Ben you sure age well, I would never have guessed.

Ok, I've heard that one and always liked it. Never knew who sang it...guess I'm showing my age now

I wouldn't go that far.....but I still get checked once in a blue moon! Then I take my hat off and show them the gray hair and they don't even bother

Hook, thanks for saying anyway! I was at Jekyll Island with my family last weekend and me and my boys were in a bar shooting pool. The bar was at the other end of the room. I told one of my boys to go get us some beers. He came back and said he needed all our ID's to get the beers. He came back with the beers and said the bartender apologized for asking for mine. :D

:lol2: I bet she felt bad for asking grandpa to show iD!
I remember when I got offended, now its just another compliment from the ladies

How about Doctor house calls. Several of us remember out houses, but remember the fragrance in August? Being able to take a shotgun to school and not having the SWAT team come? Tom Mix and Johny Mac Brown serial westerns, in black and white. Being expected to behave in public, in school, and even at home? Or what happened if you did not say, "Yes maam?" Who got started smoking "roll em" yourself cigarettes? When all gas stations were full service, air and oil checked, and windshield washed? Schools cooked lunch, and it did not come in frozen? One of my best memories is of the rolls they made in the school kitchen. The real Hank Williams and Patsy Cline on the AM radio? My mother hated the ringer washers because she got her hair caught in one. When women stayed in the hospital for at least a week after childbirth? When one of your buddies could not go to school with you because of his skin tone?
Those of us who are over 60 remember a simpler time. But today we have antibiotics, open heart surgery, polio vacine, and efficent birth control. And remember that war is indeed hell.
Bill Brower

Judge Sharpe":uzx8t4p8 said:
How about Doctor house calls. Several of us remember out houses, but remember the fragrance in August? Being able to take a shotgun to school and not having the SWAT team come? Tom Mix and Johny Mac Brown serial westerns, in black and white. Being expected to behave in public, in school, and even at home? Or what happened if you did not say, "Yes maam?" Who got started smoking "roll em" yourself cigarettes? When all gas stations were full service, air and oil checked, and windshield washed? Schools cooked lunch, and it did not come in frozen? One of my best memories is of the rolls they made in the school kitchen. The real Hank Williams and Patsy Cline on the AM radio? My mother hated the ringer washers because she got her hair caught in one. When women stayed in the hospital for at least a week after childbirth? When one of your buddies could not go to school with you because of his skin tone?
Those of us who are over 60 remember a simpler time. But today we have antibiotics, open heart surgery, polio vacine, and efficent birth control. And remember that war is indeed be nice.
Bill Brower

There would be enough shotguns to start a small war in old so and so's truck cause we were going dove or duck hunting after school. There wasn't a vehicle in the parking lot you couldn't throw a cat through not hit anything on the rust buckets. Again common sense started leaving the picture when the WWII generation left power. When the dope smoking hippies started getting elected the nanny state was off to the races.

Latest posts