Older bulls on my tank. OCC Juneau, Bismarck, CC7

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm

Reaction score
Any opinions on these bulls? I am not knowledgeable on these bloodlines. I was thinking of putting CC7 or Juneau in a Scale Crusher x Resource x BlackCap May 1808 heifer, and the Bismarck ( sexed female ) in a Saguhatchee cow ? I have Right Time and EXT also.

Would Bismarck work on crossbred heifers. I guess my question is how accurate is his birthweight epd?
He is supposed to be a heifer bull, in spite of being sired by GAR Grid Maker.
We used two sons for our commercial bred sale heifers. We didn't have any issues with what we kept and didn't hear of any issues from folks that bought them.
The bulls we used were SAV Bismarck x Mytty In Focus and Bismarck x 616.

I don't mind frame to much as long as it's not to much leg ?
He's a frame 7 if I remember, I don't think he is going to sire anything out of reason.
I've got a daughter that's an average size Angus cow out of a daughter of DHD Traveler 6807.
The females I've seen out of CC&7 have been good looking
I would think that in matching him up with a fairly thick powerful female could make for a real good result.

He's a frame 7 if I remember, I don't think he is going to sire anything out of reason.
I've got a daughter that's an average size Angus cow out of a daughter of DHD Traveler 6807.
The females I've seen out of CC&7 have been good looking
I would think that in matching him up with a fairly thick powerful female could make for a real good result.
This Final answer x Saguhatchee cow might work ? She is short and thick.

Attachments

• 4A13BD57-BAC3-4B24-8B2F-6A8C8103A81A.jpeg
    4A13BD57-BAC3-4B24-8B2F-6A8C8103A81A.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 14
This Final answer x Saguhatchee cow might work ? She is short and thick.
That might be a good way to go.
Cattle with a little frame are what's wanted here.
I remember when the son of CC&7, Hoover Dam was young a lot of people expected him to increase frame and were surprised when he didn't.
My belief is that bulls like CC&7 are outliers and their calves kind of trend back towards the average especially when he or similar frame bulls are bred to more average frame cows.

Latest posts