Old vs New Fence Chargers

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I was going through a local auction and noticed an old Fence Charger (International Super 98) and it got me to wondering, what is the difference between the old chargers vs the newer low impedence chargers. I remember the "bush wackers" and I have an old Bull Dozer I keep for emergiencies. But I was curious what if anything makes the newer chargers better if anything?

sstterry said:
I was going through a local auction and noticed an old Fence Charger (International Super 98) and it got me to wondering, what is the difference between the old chargers vs the newer low impedence chargers. I remember the "bush wackers" and I have an old Bull Dozer I keep for emergiencies. But I was curious what if anything makes the newer chargers better if anything?
The newer chargers want burn down you field, hay, barn, whatever. We lost 130 round bales to and older charger as you could trace were the fence caught the grass on fire and it went to the hay. I would not use and older charger that is not low impedence during a dry time as the low impedence want start a fire like the older chargers.

Good short read.

https://blog.kencove.com/low-impedance-vs-high-impedance/

Latest posts