Old Topic but new twist here....

Help Support CattleToday:

WagaAgeyv

Reaction score
This is an old topic but we have a new twist fixing to come our way thanks to the feed yards.

Premise ID, what is your local stockyards or sale barns doing in this direction?

Ours they are talking are fixing to start requiring more and more ID tags. Not sure of all the details yet no one is, but I just wondered how other barns were handling this. I am not for nor against it I see both sides, since I work in a feed store I see the pros and cons, (alot of cons). Give me your opinion.

I have my premise but only because of the grants % we get for having it. I am also BQA and will be taking Master Beef next month. Do you guys feel these programs really help in your sales or with your herd production?

Up here all cattle must be tag as soon as possible and you get fine if you don't do it.We can't even move them if they are not tag.

Red Bull Breeder":22avh51g said:
Like Diesel Beef said where do you want your check sent.

It's the same here in Oklahoma....Who you want the check made out to?

Last week we had a 250.00$ fine cause we have three cows with no tags in pasture,but we've been lucky because they had hole in the ears so it show they had some before.They are really concern about it up here in Quebec.

Latest posts