Old Simmental Semen from 1999

Help Support CattleToday:

Interesting stuff. I live about 10 minutes from what was the Triple C farms. A good friend actually rents the second farm for his cattle now. My sister's grew up showing against both of the Allen kids.... County fair was a bit tougher in our neck of the woods lol! Oddly enough, though this isn't necessarily big time cattle country, I can name quite a few nationally known programs that are or were within a 30 minute drive of my house...
I last saw the Allen's in 2008 at the simmental national classic in Wichita Falls, Tx. Sat with them for the awards banquet. I think Roger and Kade are back in Illinois and I believe Sam and Koty are in Tennessee. Nice people.

I last saw the Allen's in 2008 at the simmental national classic in Wichita Falls, Tx. Sat with them for the awards banquet. I think Roger and Kade are back in Illinois and I believe Sam and Koty are in Tennessee. Nice people.
Yep. Roger has probably one of the best eyes for evaluating stock I've run across, and the kids were some of the best showman I've seen. We only now understand how lucky we were to have Roger teach our little 4-H team how to judge.

I live literally 4 miles from Goodrich Place, just across town from Saftners Golden Maples (hereford, most recent NAILE champion bull), a stones throw from Cloud 9 (former Triple C, Damar), 20 minutes from Lamb Brothers Herefords and about 25 minute from Fred Larson Herfords, and many more. I consider myself blessed to have some of these operations nearby and know most of them on a personal level.

I purchased a semen tank last year with a nice variety of Triple C semen along with some foundation black bulls like 600U and only 2 bulls with Dream On genetics. Looking forward to what some of it will do.

Had my hopes up but still a very good calf.
I always keep an extra bull so i will keep my hopes up.
The last 600U bull I owned i picked the mating and was lucky enough that it was a bull calf.
When he was about 30 months old I had to have colon surgeries and sold most of my cattle. Still waiting for my next one.

Simme,
I had a halfblood Generation III daughter(out of an Angus cow) that stayed here 'til she was 17... and only left then because she aborted her last calf (Neospora) mid-pregnancy. A very sound ol' gal, with a good udder and great disposition... was a diluted, mousy-brown blaze faced cow... think every daughter she left in the herd was that same brown color... that color dilution gene is hard to breed out.

Update on this thread. Here is a current picture of the heifer calf sired by HC Power Drive, a simmental bull from 1998. Calf was born October 2021. Adjusted 205 day weaning weight of 654# and 5+ frame. That bull produced some nice females years ago. Phenotype matches his progeny from that era. Maybe a little heavier fronted and with a little more leather than current models. Hoping she will make a nice cow. Her dam is bred back to 600U, a 1986 bull.

P1010162.JPG

So you did use the 600U. People would have loved to have it to flush with.
600U, Power Drive, Gen III.....lots of great old bulls.
My avatar is my SV Macho As U, a Power Drive son. I still use him.

So you did use the 600U.
The straw of 600U semen went in the dam of this power drive heifer. Kenny had mentioned his desire for a 600U bull calf and I been wanting to use it, so I used it on this 3 y/o. Bred Jan 23rd, so due Nov 5th. Hoping for a good bull calf.
The dam was bred to a calving ease bull for her first calf. That was a red sim-angus born in 2010. Next bred to Power Drive from 1998. Then 600U from 1986. I think she will get a more recent bull next time.

The straw of 600U semen went in the dam of this power drive heifer. Kenny had mentioned his desire for a 600U bull calf and I been wanting to use it, so I used it on this 3 y/o. Bred Jan 23rd, so due Nov 5th. Hoping for a good bull calf.
The dam was bred to a calving ease bull for her first calf. That was a red sim-angus born in 2010. Next bred to Power Drive from 1998. Then 600U from 1986. I think she will get a more recent bull next time.
Pregnancy has been confirmed to 600U and I can't wait to see if it's a bull.

Did you get the bull calf you wanted?

Did you get the bull calf you wanted?
Yes! More of the story and pictures scattered through this thread.

Pulled up this old thread. I had mentioned that my avatar, Simme Valley Macho As U was a Power Drive son, but I didn't mention that he was out of a 600U cow, Triple C Sweet As U.
I am trying to ID some old semen. I have a fullblood bull "Expert" cane code SM0301.
Does this ring any bell with any of you. I've got a bunch of old semen, I figured I would list and try to sell one of these days.
I pulled out my "list" of old sires looking to see if I had any Lover Boy semen left. He is now very popular and I used to breed to him. But, did not find any.

Pulled up this old thread. I had mentioned that my avatar, Simme Valley Macho As U was a Power Drive son, but I didn't mention that he was out of a 600U cow, Triple C Sweet As U.
I am trying to ID some old semen. I have a fullblood bull "Expert" cane code SM0301.
Does this ring any bell with any of you. I've got a bunch of old semen, I figured I would list and try to sell one of these days.
I pulled out my "list" of old sires looking to see if I had any Lover Boy semen left. He is now very popular and I used to breed to him. But, did not find any.
There is a fullblood bull named Expert - ASA number 0267812. Could that be him? An NBI bull born in 1974. Son of Extra. Some old stuff for sure. Check those epd's. But ww is 883#.
https://herdbook.org/animal/0267812

Some semen from small collection stations gets labeled without a stud collection code before the breed code. Almost impossible to search for those without the stud code.

This is where I start looking when I have only a complete cane code.

Latest posts