old pics

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
When you look at old pictures of yourself, whats the one thing that you miss the most? And when did you notice it missing as you aged?

GMN

My hair and my athletic build... both started slipping at about 29 ... I'm 34 now and since the drought I don't have as many cows to take care of and I let 3 lease pastures go.. I might start working out again ....

GMN":a10hvif5 said:
When you look at old pictures of yourself, whats the one thing that you miss the most? And when did you notice it missing as you aged?

GMN
155 lbs., a 28 inch waist and a 40 inch chest. Seems things have inverted over the years.

TexasBred":3q9tofz8 said:
GMN":3q9tofz8 said:

GMN
155 lbs., a 28 inch waist and a 40 inch chest. Seems things have inverted over the years.
...gravitational tug-o- war ...... i aint missing as much as ive added :cowboy:

:lol2: I'm not missing anything. It's what's been added that's the problem.
About 15 lbs worth of problem...
It started when I was about 35...I'm now 45... at this rate I will just refuse to look at old pictures by the time I'm 75 :lol2:

Every morning when I look in the mirror it just shocks me at how much better looking I am than the day before. :D

Isomade":2onoxtgm said:
Every morning when I look in the mirror it just shocks me at how much better looking I am than the day before. :D

Ditto! I am 34; and have more hair, beard and muscle than ever, so what would be the problem? :banana:

Isomade":1zkzbj8t said:

Don't want to rain on your parade ,BUT you might need glasses or at least a stronger prescription ... :lol: :hide:

Seriously though, why do some guys look way better as they age. Like guys from HS, the really good looking ones, most are now fat and bald and the skinny geeky ones alot of them are all now buff and kinda cute . :?

hillsdown":3n9hzvve said:
Don't want to rain on your parade ,BUT you might need glasses or at least a stronger prescription ... :lol: :hide:

Seriously though, why do some guys look way better as they age. Like guys from HS, the really good looking ones, most are now fat and bald and the skinny geeky ones alot of them are all now buff and kinda cute . :?
Kinda like the prom queen and the chearleader are the ones that got fat and still try to fit in the clothes they wore in HS
then the plain Jane girl is a friggin knockout

I wish I could lose back to my weight when I was a senior 240lbs and was as strong as I was 6 yrs ago
still have my hair and my looks just the hair is all gray that is what raising teenage girls does too ya :bang:

I'm losing some hair.....well, not really. It's just sprouting up it different places.

I miss more of what a picture has a hard time showing. The energy of a 20 year old that only requires one or two nights of sleep a week.

I'm with isomade - some of the smooth skin has gone forever, but every time I see the mirror I reckon I look better than I ever did.
It's a better place to be seeing yourself as stunning while the general populace sees a plain adult. My life was sheer hell when it was the other way around.

Though as for old photos - I think some of my relatives deliberately pick the most unflattering moments to point a camera at you.

Gray hair and lines. What I miss the most is Mom and Dad and one brother. I can deal with the rest of it.

I don't notice things that are missing so much as things that didn't used to be there. Namely the 20 extra pounds I'm carrying and the bags under my eyes.

TexasBred":mc9iawn1 said:
GMN":mc9iawn1 said:

GMN

TB Its called Furniture disease. I have it also, its when your chest falls into your draws :) :)

Angus Cowman":1ysg945p said:
hillsdown":1ysg945p said:

Kinda like the prom queen and the chearleader are the ones that got fat and still try to fit in the clothes they wore in HS
then the plain Jane girl is a friggin knockout

I wish I could lose back to my weight when I was a senior 240lbs and was as strong as I was 6 yrs ago
still have my hair and my looks just the hair is all gray that is what raising teenage girls does too ya :bang:
After this summer I'm down to 160, senior year I was 150. But then in the summer I would get down to 130. Guess thats what 40 miles of pipe will do for you.

Some pictures I look at , I think why we didn't make them go to the doctor sooner ,if it was caught earlier we would still have them in our lives .

Others , I think that I look so happy there, was I smiling for the camera or was I just happy with who I was and how my life was going.

Latest posts