Old Movies & TV shows whats your favorite

Help Support CattleToday:

WagaAgeyv

Reaction score
Warpaint & I don't have satelite or an antenna at home anymore (my choice, new structure or satelite) satelite lost). So we watch movies. I have been picking up old series & movies, some are from way back.
I just recently bought Centenial. Remember that series? We also like John Wayne. Old and new. The Cowboys and his last ones are my favorite.

My son 12 likes them as well. He has also been looking for season 2 of Robin Hood starring Robert Green. Has worn our season 1. He thinks those are real show to watch. He don't mind that there is not major tech on them and laughs when they mess up scenes you know can't happen. (PLUS A LOT MORE READING GOES ON AT HOME NOW!)

You know this weekend, I watched The Best Years Of Our Lives on TCM and it is just a movie I can watch over and over. It is about three WWII vets making the adjustment back to civilian life. It is worth owning if you can find it.

WagaAgeyv":11ppx8l7 said:
(PLUS A LOT MORE READING GOES ON AT HOME NOW!)

Good for you guys!!!! :clap: I personally don't watch very much TV. I find it kinda boring, but do like movies and some sporting events. My favorite old shows were those cartoons we used to watch as kids. What the heck was the name of that one with the big rooster?

MistyMorning":2d7huv3i said:
WagaAgeyv":2d7huv3i said:

Good for you guys!!!! :clap: I personally don't watch very much TV. I find it kinda boring, but do like movies and some sporting events. My favorite old shows were those cartoons we used to watch as kids. What the heck was the name of that one with the big rooster?

Foghorn Leghorn.

Those old Warner Bros cartoons were a hoot. And you got a ton of cultural references and some really good orchestral music there, as well. Those cartoons were just like a movie would be, with the music track laid over the cartoon with a real orchestra as the cartoon played. Good stuff. More than just entertainment. No one makes them like that anymore.

Not long ago some cable channel had a Beverly Hillbillies marathon. I sat and watched a couple episodes.
Now that was quality tv!
Jed: That there oil man says he gonna pay us in some new kind a dollars.
Granny: He's a fixin' to swindle 'ya Jed, there ain't no new kind a dollars.
Jed: Weeell, he seemed to set great store in 'em. Called 'em "millions dollars".

Or Jethro: "I'm gonna be a brain surgeon or a fry cook. Can't decide".

john250":2ta5iw8y said:
Not long ago some cable channel had a Beverly Hillbillies marathon. I sat and watched a couple episodes.
Now that was quality tv!
Jed: That there oil man says he gonna pay us in some new kind a dollars.
Granny: He's a fixin' to swindle 'ya Jed, there ain't no new kind a dollars.
Jed: Weeell, he seemed to set great store in 'em. Called 'em "millions dollars".

Or Jethro: "I'm gonna be a brain surgeon or a fry cook. Can't decide".

Sounds like some of my students.

I love old movies. I would rather watch an oldie than anything else. Bringing Up Baby is a good one.

Lammie":m0ym70ng said:
MistyMorning":m0ym70ng said:
WagaAgeyv":m0ym70ng said:

Foghorn Leghorn.

Those old Warner Bros cartoons were a hoot. And you got a ton of cultural references and some really good orchestral music there, as well. Those cartoons were just like a movie would be, with the music track laid over the cartoon with a real orchestra as the cartoon played. Good stuff. More than just entertainment. No one makes them like that anymore.

Yes! Thanks Lammie, can't believe I couldn't remember that! That big old rooster and his shenanigans just cracked me up. :lol2:

bigbull338":1cu37gmw said:
i gotta have my dish tv.but i do like alot of old movies an series.

Don't get me wrong we miss TMC channel and PBR and of course
FOOTBALL, I miss football most.

Kelly and I bought the Cisco Kid last week. "Auh Poncho, Oh Cisco, (hahahaha)" He has also watched the best of Bonanza. Rin Tin Tin
anything old works here. Kind of makes ya remember the simle times you sat with your family with great excitement. Now you are lucky to get your kids to watch anything with you. This is our time, he just shrugs and says, this is pretty cool. :clap:

I am trying to think of any "movie stars" today that come close to the male hotties of yesteryear..Maybe it was because I was a really young girl even through the reruns but from the men listed in the thread that preceded this one I do not think there is anyone that even touches them..
Maybe because of all the press now a days that we are disillusioned but, boy I sure wish I was around in the days of Elvis, Sean Connery at his best, Clark Gable and all the others. :(

The best movies are usually the old classics ,I wonder if they will say that about this generation of movies in 30-50 years.. :roll:

Raiders Of The Lost Ark and the first Jaws. I can always watch Jaws.

When I was a kid, and I know I am badly aging myself, but we used to all gather around and watch Bonanza.

The Cisco Kid, Lone Ranger, and Rawhide. If it ain't a western it ain't right.

I forgot Maverick, he was a very bad influence on me growing up.

bigbull338":1epy4s8j said:
did old brett teach you how to play poker.

No I wish he had, I suck at poker. No it was his attitude I liked and for sure it has got me in plenty of trouble.

Anyone remember "Branded" with Chuck Connor? I've never seen it in syndication, but I still remember the song.

i remember it.but dont think ive seen it more than 3 or 4 times.an your right they dont show it.so trying to member how i seen it.

Andy Griffith (the ones with Don Knots), Beverly Hillbillies, Gunsmoke, Wild Wild West ( all those gadgets those guys had was the coolest), Red Skelton .

Larry

I would love to be able to watch HEE HAW reruns, that show was just it as far as Im concerned. Also liked gunsmoke, hillbillies, and those old cartoons. We watch a lot of movies here, because TV is such crap, always the old ones on the bargain shelf, no new ones. 5 movies 5 days for 5 dollars, it usually takes a couple of nights to finish one because we work late and get up early, we end up falling asleep.

Latest posts