Old Man

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
Here's the old man on the place...

He's a March 1998 model. Pictures were taken last week.

Last June he weighed 2176 lbs. He's probably right around 2100 lbs in that picture. I'd bet his top weight was close to 2300 lbs. He's the type I can pour the feed and hay to over the winter, and he looks rough ... but put him out at breeding time and within a couple weeks he looks great. Talk about a producing machine, too. I could write a book about his offspring and grand-offspring.

NP_Redeemer_s_Redemption_-_02.jpg

NP_Redeemer_s_Redemption.jpg

Ryan

Rustler9":w7znduzv said:
Who is he? What's his breeding? He doesn't look to be that heavy but maybe he is.

NP Redeemer's Redemption

NP Redeemer (Emperor x TriW Legend's Needlepoint) x Notta Lotta Color (TriW Ladies Man x WR Trails daughter)

He was the 1999 World Jr. Champion Bull and World Reserve Grand Champion Bull
In 2000 he was the World Sr. Champion Bull and World Grand Champion Bull, also the Hall of Fame champion the same year.

I didnt think he weighed that much either. I had him guessed at 1900 - 2000 lbs. I was very surprised when I put him on the scales. He is a very large framed bull, tall and loooong, which gives the illusion that he is not real heavy.

Ryan

Ok, I thought that was him. He looks pretty good, I just wouldn't have guessed he weighed that much. Does he throw twist on his daughters? Most Emperor daughters that I've seen have a twist, just wondered if he passes that on. Who is his breeder? What does the NP stand for?

Ryan, The cattle hauling thread under this one just got me wondering what its like hauling a longhorn? Do those big horns cause any trouble?

CPL":8e6f75eg said:
Ryan, The cattle hauling thread under this one just got me wondering what its like hauling a longhorn? Do those big horns cause any trouble?

We've never had a problem due to the horns, when hauling. Also, we've not had any horns get tipped break during hauling. I'm sure some have issues but I think it's pretty rare the horns cause problems.

Ryan

Rustler9":3mzqa45b said:
Ok, I thought that was him. He looks pretty good, I just wouldn't have guessed he weighed that much. Does he throw twist on his daughters? Most Emperor daughters that I've seen have a twist, just wondered if he passes that on. Who is his breeder? What does the NP stand for?

If I remember correctly, NP stands for Nancy & Patti. Gary & Nancy Martin and W.O. & Patti Marquess (Circle K Ranch) did some partnering, and the NP animals were the wives animals.

I would say we get a fair amount of twist. Got a couple with a "triple" twist, some that just role out a bit, too. More often than not we get some shape to the horns. Rarely get horns that stay lateral.

Ryan

Ryan":3p25hegk said:
Rustler9":3p25hegk said:

If I remember correctly, NP stands for Nancy & Patti. Gary & Nancy Martin and W.O. & Patti Marquess (Circle K Ranch) did some partnering, and the NP animals were the wives animals.

I would say we get a fair amount of twist. Got a couple with a "triple" twist, some that just role out a bit, too. More often than not we get some shape to the horns. Rarely get horns that stay lateral. Ryan

Ryan and Roger, in the breed; is twist a good or bad thing? I know little about the breed so just wondering.

The twisty type horn is the old style Longhorn-alot of breeders have bred the twist out to get wider lateral type horns. Now, some are trying to get the twist back into their herds. It never left mine.

houstoncutter":3lsumbr1 said:
Good looking Longhorn bull, but I think you need to get those scales checked

Thanks

The scales are good. I've weighed enough animals on my scales and other scales to have no reason to doubt their accuracy.

Two weeks after I weighed him, I weighed two other bulls who are smaller than this guy, on a different set. The came in at 1950lbs & 2000lbs

Ryan

Latest posts