old Hereford semen

Help Support CattleToday:

ollie?

Reaction score
Going through the tank tonight hunting some semen and looked at some old hereford semen. Just-a-banner, vindicator and butler and for which ever one of you fella's it is that wants them big ones, I even have some driver.

Justa Banner and Vindicator are still relevant IMO. You can still get Vindicator from Jim Reed, who said it was the best bargain for what you were getting in his catalog when I talked to him a few years ago.

ollie?":2zetwpin said:
Going through the tank tonight hunting some semen and looked at some old hereford semen. Just-a-banner, vindicator and butler and for which ever one of you fella's it is that wants them big ones, I even have some driver.

ollie

Check your pm my friend

Bez+

Bez+":3ext4tql said:
ollie?":3ext4tql said:

ollie

Check your pm my friend

Bez+
What does pm mean? Have seen it used on here alot. Thanks

Scroll to the top of the thread Jed and it will have a place that says User Control Panel and next to it it says
(1 new message) click on it and you'll see that I sent you a pm...private message.

Thanks Ollie. Does anyone have any more info on the driver bull or pic. I have never heard of him and stuff like this intrigues me. JHH

JHH":1ufkt6v2 said:
Thanks Ollie. Does anyone have any more info on the driver bull or pic. I have never heard of him and stuff like this intrigues me. JHH

I am sure if you know the prefix you'll find him on Reed's. I am just as curious to see what he looked like.

were there two Driver bulls. I dont think the herf assoc. has it right.

I looked up bt prl driver and got one polled and one horned both the same bull I think. Born the same day and have the same herd id. Tell me that isn't messed up.

I'm not sure that this is him but which ever bull it was that was the "original" driver was partnered with Bear Tooth and Ponderosa. The story goes that there were 18 or 20 of these pregnant recips that were partnership. They drew lots for the recip numbers to split the pregnancies up and half of them were going to Ponderosa in Canada. They held them up at the border because one of the bulls on the sire side hadn't been blue tongued. After a week or two they sent them back to Bear Tooth and Driver was one of those calves. They split them and sold Driver for a million...or so the story goes.

You all like the driver bull? i haven't seen his pic but based on his epds wouldn't he ruin a cow herd? What is his birth weight? That's the worst calving ease epd i think i've ever seen. sorry if i'm showing my ignorance.

Baldie Maker":2dggnmp2 said:
You all like the driver bull? i haven't seen his pic but based on his epds wouldn't he ruin a cow herd? What is his birth weight? That's the worst calving ease epd i think i've ever seen. sorry if i'm showing my ignorance.

I dont think people like him to much. I was just interested in the pedigree to see were the big Birth weight came from.

Latest posts