Old friends?

Help Support CattleToday:

Susie David

Reaction score
Yesterday I needed to muck out some pens and replace some dirt so I mingled the herd to have easy access to everythig
but kept Sam the Bull seperate...have heifers and don't need early breds. Anyway, o'l boss cow went off by herself exploring the new pen and a production steer who we raised from a calf took to her like a high school lover. They were all over each other, no mounting but spent the afternoon taking turns grooming the other one, bedded together and made a cute couple...bred cow and slaughter steer.
Never fail to amaze me, just when I think that I got it figured out. DMc

Susie David":37trc5wd said:
Yesterday I needed to muck out some pens and replace some dirt so I mingled the herd to have easy access to everythig
but kept Sam the Bull seperate...have heifers and don't need early breds. Anyway, o'l boss cow went off by herself exploring the new pen and a production steer who we raised from a calf took to her like a high school lover. They were all over each other, no mounting but spent the afternoon taking turns grooming the other one, bedded together and made a cute couple...bred cow and slaughter steer.
Never fail to amaze me, just when I think that I got it figured out. DMc

I sold a calf about 4 years ago to a fellow about one hundred miles from here.

I bought her back as a cow three years later.

Her mom was still on this place.

They are inseparable to this day.

Bez'