Old Deer Stand With Lots Of Memories

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
This old stand has been in this tree for many, many years. We use to refer to these stands as ''bicycle stands''. They were light and easy to carry but not the most comfortable. This stand has had lots of deer killed out of it, have two mounted on the wall that was killed from it. My son and me was in this bottom a few weeks ago and went and found it , we stood there recalling all the many good times we have had there. There is times in the spring when it is 15 foot under water but in the fall it is a deer hang out.

BRYANT":dcdbxe04 said:
This old stand has been in this tree for many, many years. We use to refer to these stands as ''bicycle stands''. They were light and easy to carry but not the most comfortable. This stand has had lots of deer killed out of it, have two mounted on the wall that was killed from it. My son and me was in this bottom a few weeks ago and went and found it , we stood there recalling all the many good times we have had there. There is times in the spring when it is 15 foot under water but in the fall it is a deer hang out.

Cool

Dads old homemade lean too is still in my bottom.
No one has hunted it since 98.
I have a two man ladder about twenty yards from his.
Kinda makes me feel like we are hunting together again.

Bright Raven":10zvcwsn said:
Wow. That is cool. Precious to have made those memories with your son.
My son is 28 and only one year was he not able to go to deer camp, and that was the year that he was only 2 months old. My grand son is 2 years old and has been 3 times to deer camp, the first time he was only 3 weeks old, Took him out in the woods for a short hunt this year and he got to see a doe :clap: made his day. This year made 48 years in a roll for me, its kind of a family tradition use to be 20 + in camp now its down to 9 this year, but growing again, my son & daughter in law are expecting our 2nd grandson in March and a nephew and his wife that goes are expecting a baby next year also. Get enough of these young sprouts it may be time for Pawpa, me, to get on a stand and let them do some deer drives :lol2:

BRYANT":11pj1eto said:
Bright Raven":11pj1eto said:
Wow. That is cool. Precious to have made those memories with your son.
My son is 28 and only one year was he not able to go to deer camp, and that was the year that he was only 2 months old. My grand son is 2 years old and has been 3 times to deer camp, the first time he was only 3 weeks old, Took him out in the woods for a short hunt this year and he got to see a doe :clap: made his day. This year made 48 years in a roll for me, its kind of a family tradition use to be 20 + in camp now its down to 9 this year, but growing again, my son & daughter in law are expecting our 2nd grandson in March and a nephew and his wife that goes are expecting a baby next year also. Get enough of these young sprouts it may be time for Pawpa, me, to get on a stand and let them do some deer drives :lol2:

Back in the dog hunting days there would be forty or fifty of us.
Uncles,cousins and grandpa all are gone except two first cousins.
Got two out of eight grandkids that can't come enough to hunt.
My youngest granddaughter 10 has killed two this year.
It doesn't get any better teaching a kid to hunt.
Better for the kid to be hunting than hunting the kid.

Latest posts