Old cow stuck in mud. Please help

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to get her legs under her and get her off her side . You can prop her up with a bale of hay , and it would help to keep her warm tonight .

Fence off that mud hole ..

Have ya' got anyway of keeping her warm...or at least out of the wind?

Hey, ya' did the best ya' could with what ya' have. Good job!

I remember when Van and I pulled one out...we called the vet and he came out and gave her IV electrolytes, but it was too late. She was a holstein. Here's hoping this one has more stamina...I'm rooting for ya'!

Alice

WORANCH":13e6poqm said:
You might want to get her legs under her and get her off her side . You can prop her up with a bale of hay , and it would help to keep her warm tonight .

Fence off that mud hole ..

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

And again... :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Alice

Try to get her on more level ground. Try to get her up. Don't leave her there.

Wewild":3bgfm2ly said:
Try to get her on more level ground. Try to get her up. Don't leave her there.

And again... :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: It's ok to work your tail off for this. The sense of satisfaction is priceless...

Alice

Alice":39gis8jq said:
It's ok to work your tail off for this. The sense of satisfaction is priceless...

Alice

Good post.

I have manage to save a few after my dad quit on them .

Wewild":1rypbo96 said:
Alice":1rypbo96 said:
It's ok to work your tail off for this. The sense of satisfaction is priceless...

Alice

Good post.

I have manage to save a few after my dad quit on them .

Wewild...as much as I like to say my Daddy was the ultimate...he did make mistakes. And, God love his heart, he'd admit to it. Don't let what happened in the past color the future, ok?

Alice

Buy the looks of the shovels and stuff it looks like you worked your butt off. You are to be commended for your hard work and using common sense and digging her out like the first person that replyed to your post advised.

One poster suggested dex thats for inflamation. I personally would do banamine it will help make heR feal better. Also she needs electrolytes as Alice suggested and needs in a up right postion as another poster said.

One more thing be carefull with that john deere if its a A-B- OR 60 MODEL WITH THE TRYCICLE FORNT END as it can rare up and come over backwards on you. If I was going to use it to pull her any more i would pull from the front of the tractor. Those are good old tractors but they can rare up in a heart beat and with the hand clutch you might not get it stopped quick enough.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Dusty-Trails":2zbi91ik said:
One more thing be carefull with that john deere if its a A-B- OR 60 MODEL WITH THE TRYCICLE FORNT END as it can rare up and come over backwards on you. If I was going to use it to pull her any more i would pull from the front of the tractor. Those are good old tractors but they can rare up in a heart beat and with the hand clutch you might not get it stopped quick enough.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

It looked more like a 20 series tracter. Are you gona answer the question I ask you??

Alice":2q5j8e2n said:
Don't let what happened in the past color the future, ok?

Alice

Any one that dwells on the past is doomed to fail. Learining from the past is a good thing.

i can say that there is no other place i'd rather be than where i am.

Wewild":3lqn5gfh said:
Dusty-Trails":3lqn5gfh said:

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

It looked more like a 20 series tractor. Are you gona answer the question I ask you??

Wewild":olclppkj said:
Dusty-Trails":olclppkj said:

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

It looked more like a 20 series tracter. Are you gona answer the question I ask you??

I do believe I asked you a question way back in this thread that you have yet to answer so dont hold your breath! You want to be answered but fail to do like wise my my. :lol2:

Seems old dusty must be having a very bad day. Might need to do some fact-checking, though. Around here (Austin) the schools quit using that meat because of health concerns, as that slaughterhouse was processing meat from downer animals. That is not to be used as food for humans. The treatment of the animals did not enter into that decision at all.

As to the other issue, I have pulled several cows from mud over the years using the chain around the neck method. The cows had no problem with it. In fact, they seemed quite appreciative.

Don't know about his $300,000 cow...... She obviously has never gotten stuck in mud. She might even live in the house with him.

Ya don't suppose that he's the PETA narc he was talking about ?

Dusty-Trails":huy7eyt1 said:
I do believe I asked you a question way back in this thread that you have yet to answer so dont hold your breath! You want to be answered but fail to do like wise my my. :lol2:

I am slow so please show me where that question was asked. I will be more than willing to answer it.

I checked back on the thread. I am gona have to call you a liar.

Wewild":25874vbw said:
Dusty-Trails":25874vbw said:

I am slow so please show me where that question was asked. I will be more than willing to answer it.

Forget it WeWild. I'd leave it alone. Nothing to be gained here that I can see.

backhoeboogie":1wlqny2x said:
Wewild":1wlqny2x said:
Dusty-Trails":1wlqny2x said:

Forget it WeWild. I'd leave it alone. Nothing to be gained here that I can see.

You are right. i'm sure he can't show me.

Thanks to all of you!! I can see that you guys are very passionate when it comes to cattle. But the kid did it with all of your advice. MM and DT got a little excited but we took each of your posts respecting your expertise. Thanks for caring. I hope y'all not go on fueding over this.

Go get all your neighbors that have tractors with lights NOW!!!!!!!!!If you have to haul her in a front end loader then DO IT.

Get that poor girl home to a shelter where you can hose her off get her warm and get an IV into her ASAP.

If not put her out of her misery.

GET HELP NOW>You should have gone to your neighbors to begin with they all would have come to help for the sake of the animal.

The rest of you ( and you know who you are) grow up this person needs hep not stupid bickering.

Also who in the be nice is posting picks instead of helping???????????

Dusty i am sure that you had the cows best intentions at heart and related it to your personal experiences of being stuck. Having said that I am certain that your body could not take being run through a chute and roped by a mounted cowboy.

hillsdown":36sm4x08 said:
The rest of you ( and you know who you are) grow up this person needs hep not stupid bickering.

Also who in the be nice is posting picks instead of helping???????????

I quess it slowed things down some huh? Get real.

Status
Not open for further replies.