Old Breed not sure if its still around

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I am looking to find out if anyone has heard of a breed called the Canadiana Cow.

This is an old time breed that was dual purpose. This breed was a very easy feeder that did well on orchard grass, with little else. The production was fair but there ease of keep, and reputation as an easy keeper kept them on Canadian frams for years.

:cboy:

I have heard of a milk breed called Canadiana but don't know any breeders, maybe if you check with the Agriculture Office of the Canadian goverment they could help.

Dean":3mjtliuf said:
Hi,

I am looking to find out if anyone has heard of a breed called the Canadiana Cow.

This is an old time breed that was dual purpose. This breed was a very easy feeder that did well on orchard grass, with little else. The production was fair but there ease of keep, and reputation as an easy keeper kept them on Canadian frams for years.

:cboy:

Hello:
At one time there was a small herd of Canadian Cattle in VA!

I do think that one of my cows might be a Canadian cow, but not for sure.

There are a few people on the east cost that do say they have Canadian" Cattle semen but there not selling it to people who want to use in on cattle to cross breed or to breed up. There is an Assn of rare and minor breeds of livestock here in the USA and they do know who has what semen for sale but there not saying or telling that much.

Canadian Cattle are sort of a breed that sort of looks like a Jersey but there more beefie!

I do know it would be a great loss if the Canadian Cattle was lost for all time, but the way the semen is not being used here in the USA is a sad thing in my opion, I have been interested in the Canadian Cattle breed for years, but there is no program to breed up and that is what I am interseted in doing!

If I could have done that I would have done that years ago!

Regards
Lee

Lee for time past I have been breeding Jersey, Guernsey, Brown Swiss and Ayrshire cattle as hobby I own 4 cows of each breed. The males are sold usually to Gyr breeders all over Mexico. I wanted to breed up Canadianne from Jersey but I did never find semen and till now I know where to find it but it will be hard to get it.

Lee % Canyon & Valley Fa":1rli5f5x said:
Hello:
At one time there was a small herd of Canadian Cattle in VA!

I do think that one of my cows might be a Canadian cow, but not for sure.

There are a few people on the east cost that do say they have Canadian" Cattle semen but there not selling it to people who want to use in on cattle to cross breed or to breed up. There is an Assn of rare and minor breeds of livestock here in the USA and they do know who has what semen for sale but there not saying or telling that much.

Canadian Cattle are sort of a breed that sort of looks like a Jersey but there more beefie!

I do know it would be a great loss if the Canadian Cattle was lost for all time, but the way the semen is not being used here in the USA is a sad thing in my opion, I have been interested in the Canadian Cattle breed for years, but there is no program to breed up and that is what I am interseted in doing!

If I could have done that I would have done that years ago!

Regards
Lee

Latest posts