old AI books online?

Help Support CattleToday:

yuppiecowboy

Reaction score
Is there anywhere where you could find the pictures out of some of the old AI stud books? When I was A kid the continentals were picking up steam and I was fascinated by the pictures of the huge, mysterious bulls of breeds I wasnt familiar with. THe Huge Chianinas, the yellow and white Simmentals, etc.

I would like it if someone could point me in the right direction, assuming they exist.

Here's some of the gutless wonders for you.

oldads004.jpg

oldads.jpg

oldads001.jpg

oldads002.jpg

oldads003.jpg

Wow! Those were some steeplechasers, weren't they? lol Please, if there's any Tarentaise in that catalog, put one up?? I didn't see any of them until the 1990's.

MO_cows":ke4o8gtw said:
Wow! Those were some steeplechasers, weren't they? lol Please, if there's any Tarentaise in that catalog, put one up?? I didn't see any of them until the 1990's.

I had a couple Tarentaise in the early eighties but never got any calves by them as they were queer. :banana:

Awesome. How did we ever think that was a prototype for quality beef production? G III's mother doesnt look all that bad though

MO_cows":3emea6b3 said:
oldads006.jpg

Cool! Thank you very much! Interesting, I have actually used a half brother to this bull via AI, another Isidore son that is rock solid for calving ease. Isidore was one of the early imports. So, the bull pictured is the son of what was a dairy bull when he was back in the Alps.

Latest posts