• #1.

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • #2.

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • #3.

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • #4.

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • None. There are better maternal Hereford bulls out there.

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

blackcowz

Reaction score
Here they are. Pick you champion. :D
picture_137y.gif

JAL1Domino5603R.jpg

Herefords.US":1vpr2z7l said:
#2! I think this bull has to be one of the best looking Line 1 bulls out there and I understand his daughters are REALLY good!

George
I voted for #2 also. For me it was a toss up between him and #3. ;-)

You cannot completely see the feet on any in those pics.

You can judge the hocks some.

#1 and 4 look to have block shoulders. I'd pass on that - calving problems.

#2 and 3 are the better bulls from what I can see.

Ok......I don't know either bull or their EPD's so I will just go on what I like on phenotype. My vote goes to bull #2. I like those long bulls, balanced, good muscling, masculinity. In my opinion he has a good mix of it all.

KMacGinley":4lny5g2e said:
I doubt that you would have any calving problems with 1 or 4, but the 350 lb. weaning weights may be an issue. :)

#1's calves averaged 560lbs @ 6 months here

backhoeboogie":4lny5g2e said:

#1 bull - willing to bet he would be the most proven calving ease hereford bull there is.

Also - daughters are second to none with udders as good as they get in any breed - bar none. But somebody said it better - find out for yourself.

You'd be hard pressed to find two more different types than bull 1 and 4 and 2 and 3 in the hereford breed. Unless you are very specific with what use you plan for them I can't even give you an opinion on them.

I like number 2 and 3. The first one has funny face and handsome horns :D . I'd like to know their names too.

Hereford76":380ajtqx said:
backhoeboogie":380ajtqx said:

#1 bull - willing to bet he would be the most proven calving ease hereford bull there is.

That just goes to show what a pic does to you. Low birth weight? He sure looks like he is block shouldered in that picture.

KNERSIE":5ufku7ly said:
You'd be hard pressed to find two more different types than bull 1 and 4 and 2 and 3 in the hereford breed. Unless you are very specific with what use you plan for them I can't even give you an opinion on them.
Using them on polled black cows to produce black baldie heifers. Looking to make maternal mama cows.

Backhoe, that top bull's EPDs are right here on this link.
http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-b...56&5=2B3C2B3C3A&6=5B5C235A2159272726&9=5F5E51
He has a BW of -1.1 and a calving ease direct of +8.1.

OK folks, I hope this is OK with Ned Jr., but everyone seems to love his bulls anyhow, so I'm gonna spill the info on the names.
Bull #1 is AGA 10S Stand 137Y. Owned by Lapp Hereford Ranch and Pharo Cattle Company.
Bull #2 is CL 1 DOMINO 320N.
Bull #3 is JA L1 DOMINO 5603R.
Bull #4 is NT Plato Rupert 123. Owned by Bent Tree Farms and Pharo Cattle Company.
If you want more info on the middle two bulls, give Ned a PM. :cowboy:

Latest posts