Ok.. I'm pretty proud ..

Help Support CattleToday:

TheBullLady

Reaction score
Advance warning.. I'm going to do a little bragging!

This is a "home raised" heifer we just showed at Houston. She was second in her VERY competitive class of yearling heifers, and I couldn't be prouder! She beat out a couple of heifers that were purchased at sales for over $10K.. which goes to prove for you smaller breeders that you don't have to spend a bunch of money to have something competitive! You'd be surprised what you'll find in your own herd. I just wish more people would get out and show. It's a lot of hard work, but we always have a blast, and meet some great breeders besides.

Well, I think she's pretty decent anyway...

BK09-9-6230.jpg

We also got Reserve Junior heifer with a March '07 Triple C bred cow that calved three weeks before the show. She's turned out to be a fantastic young cow.

Well done, I'm sure nobody mind your bragging and the rest of us are just as glad for you. :clap:

She looks very good. I'm "assuming" she's Simmental? What's her pedigree? Who's showing?
I don't understand your class names. Reserve Junior Heifer for a 2-year old cow/calf? What's her pedigree?
Anyway, great wins for the Houston show. Congrats.

congrats on winning your class at houston.gives you a great feeling to win with a homebred female.yes houston is 1 heck of a big show.

Hopefully TheBullLady won't mind me replying.

The heifer pictured is a Mo Better x Dream On x Joker.

The March 07 Triple C is a Made Black x Triple C No Doubt and the calf is sired by Mo Town.

They are both purebred Simmentals. For some reason at Houston they let everything born after Jan 2006 show(they let the ages for bulls be the ages for heifers as well) So since there were cows there that were showing with their second calves in the heifer show, they were considered the Senior Heifers, so the March 07 was in the junior division.

LinZ

No offense intended here, but what's the deal with her tailhead? If this is photo shop again, I'm disgusted, totally disgusted if this is the way it's going to be from now on, I'll grant you I'm a bit old fashioned, if I'm wrong, forgive me. Congratulations you do have a wonderful heifer there either way.

smallrancher":nlgg391a said:
No offense intended here, but what's the deal with her tailhead? If this is photo shop again, I'm disgusted, totally disgusted if this is the way it's going to be from now on, I'll grant you I'm a bit old fashioned, if I'm wrong, forgive me. Congratulations you do have a wonderful heifer there either way.

I see what you mean. I am thinking it is just the light on the hair making it look a different colour, it is standard fitting to pull the hair on the tailhead up that way. Even though she'd look better (IMO) with it all clipped off.

smallrancher":30qtnay5 said:
if it was photo shop i dont think they would go that direction... look close you can see it ain't, .....................nice looking heifer

No her photo was not photoshopped. The way she is standing makes her tailhead look a little different than it did in person. As for the lighter color, when we fit we spray on white touch up to help "fill in" and then go back over with black touch up however when a picture is taken even though in person it looks black the flash of the camera will reflect on the hidden white so it shows up more, kind of hard to explain but that's why the tailhead looks a different color. But again, to answer your question, the photo was not photoshopped.

LinZ

Latest posts