Ok, how bout the cowboys!

Help Support CattleToday:

RebelCritter

Reaction score
What do the cowboys think is the "ideal woman" ? I know I am going to regret this.... :help:

Wash and wear (i.e. NOT high maintenance).

Happy and supportive.

Mature enough to know what she wants out of life. Younger women have never been attractive to me. I've been married for 28 years now. But even when I was young, I dated women older than I.

ive been a cattlemen all my life.an i was told no 1 would date me because the farm an cows came first.an that they didnt want to spend their life on a farm.hence im a bachlor an never dated.

I will probably regret replying to the post that you will probably regret.
How does that joke go--about the guy trying to choose between three women so he puts them all to a test. They all complete the test differently, but all are successful in their own way--so the guy marries the gal with the biggest...ah you know. :dunce:

john250":1ynynwr9 said:
I will probably regret replying to the post

John you are "probably" more right than you have ever been before.
:D :D :D

If it takes 3 coats of paint to make a truck look like an easter egg, it probably doesn't have a lot of use in the pasture where you need it.

The stock answer is a woman who is blind and deaf, built like a brick s**t house, and owns a liquor store.

In reality it is someone who is low maintenance. Is happy with life. Someone who sees the glass as half full. A woman who is reasonably fit and active, and able to do things. I don't care about age. I have dated both older and younger women and age is an attitude. And maturity does not necessarily come with age.

Being attractive is a plus but there are other things that are as appealing. Since of humor, loyalty, trustworthy, I could go on but those are traits for both men and women. Most important is being friend and confident. Someone who shares and with whom you can share your life and dreams. Not just someone to love but to really like.
Fred

Dave":1bkbkfya said:
The stock answer is a woman who is blind and deaf, built like a brick s**t house, and owns a liquor store.

In reality it is someone who is low maintenance. Is happy with life. Someone who sees the glass as half full. A woman who is reasonably fit and active, and able to do things. I don't care about age. I have dated both older and younger women and age is an attitude. And maturity does not necessarily come with age.

That was good....

My 2 cents worth? A woman that does not nag and b-i-itch all the time. Life is hard enough during the day, I sure don't want to hear it at night.

Fred Belknap":2ykrr1bk said:
Being attractive is a plus but there are other things that are as appealing. Since of humor, loyalty, trustworthy, I could go on but those are traits for both men and women. Most important is being friend and confident. Someone who shares and with whom you can share your life and dreams. Not just someone to love but to really like.
Fred

Fred, those are some of the qualities one would look for in a good dog. But it helps to have those things in a partner. :D

grannysoo":w3ysev1r said:
Dave":w3ysev1r said:

That was good....

My 2 cents worth? A woman that does not nag and b-i-itch all the time. Life is hard enough during the day, I sure don't want to hear it at night.

Boy, would you be outa luck with me!!! :cowboy:

Always remember, beauty is only a brown paper sack or a lite switch away. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

curtis":my26690v said:
Always remember, beauty is only a brown paper sack or a lite switch away. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

That goes both ways, my friend!! That is why bars do such a good business. Lights are low for a reason.

Lammie":2l6dsh1u said:
Fred Belknap":2l6dsh1u said:
Fred

Fred, those are some of the qualities one would look for in a good dog. But it helps to have those things in a partner. :D

Dang...my dog ran off to live with my parents. :nod:

my wife holds the tail while i castrate ...she loads the syringes, writes the numbers on ear tags..keeps our check book balanced... pays all the bills...drives the hay truck..checks the cattle on the 4 wheeler and reports that "ole 44 is acting funny"...shoots snakes in the creek...is the best cook i have ever been around...55 yrs young..walks 2 miles a day..looks great...keeeps my border collie in the house.....keeps 2 spotless houses...she mows the grass... raises a vegetable garden...rasied 2 kids (will be a grandma this spring for the 1st time) only thing wrong with her she hates RFD TV especially Big Joe Polka..she's a keeper....

Lammie":25cbn3x1 said:
Fred Belknap":25cbn3x1 said:
Fred

Lammie my dog isn't very obediant, can't catch her when I want to tie her up, don't have that problem with the wife.(just kidding) :tiphat:
Fred

Good follow-up question there.

Attractive looks are important to me, but by far not the most important. Confidence is key! They have to be in tune with what they want in life.

They need not be interested in all the same things I am, just supportive of my interests.

They don't have to be June Cleaver in the house, just not a slob.

They don't have to be a fitness guru, just not lazy and unkempt. I do have an appreciation for a well put together female human anatomy, but don't like anything to be fake or grossly out of proportion to the whole of the frame.

They have to appreciate all the beauty life has to offer.

Negativity is a huge turn-off!

Though they don't need to be interested in the same things I am, I guess I do require a love of and appreciation for animals. But not in some whacko, overboard, vegetarian, PETA kind of way.

bigbull338":2cc8recn said:
ive been a cattlemen all my life.an i was told no 1 would date me because the farm an cows came first.an that they didnt want to spend their life on a farm.hence im a bachlor an never dated.

In the same boat. I don't even need to think which one I'd be choosing between wifey and farm. Farm and cows are #1. :cowboy: