Who on these boards was at Woodstock 40 years ago? :lol2:

Guess I was too young yo be there.

Frankie, how about you fessin up, where you there? :lol2:

tom4018":pmlluqb3 said:
Frankie":pmlluqb3 said:
Who on these boards was at Woodstock 40 years ago? :lol2:

Guess I was too young yo be there.

Frankie, how about you fessin up, where you there? :lol2:

No, not me. But I thought surely someone on this board would admit to being a hippy in their youth. :) To tell the truth, it never looked all that good to me: wet, muddy, cold.... I guess it's one of those "you just had to be there" events.

Wasn't there...thank G...

I was a psychologist in a psychiatric hospital in Illinois. Had already done hitch in army in early 1960's. That aside...

My daughter was born 1969. I had my other pride and joy, a red 1969 MGB convertable with real wire spoke wheels (no lug nuts...just "knock off spinner hubs"). Plus as a private pilot owned a 1965 Cessna 150 (only paid $5,000 for it...can you believe!!). Also, did a lot of partying in the spirit of the late 1960s...we had a real "groovy" bunch of co-workers at the hospital. (Won't go into details...lol). Took your mind off the patients and their despair...

Didn't buy into the Hippie Movement...

Woodstock??? what's that? Isn't it a yellow bird in the peanuts funny paper? Well I just don't know, but don't you just love the Jonas Brothers? they rock..... does that prove I'm just a youngster?

:lol: :lol: ,
Alan

I made it to Hood Stock in '77, '78, and '79. Does that count? (the biggest crowd was 17,000).

Oh Alan, I didn't know you were still a teenager. :p

When I lived in London they always sold gumboots with patterns and designs on them. Turns out they were for music festivals because they'd be calf deep in mud. Or worse...
1.jpg

I wasn't at Woodstock. But the next summer I was at the Kickapoo Creek Rock Festival. Almost as big as Woodstock. My mind is alittle fuzzy about the details but I seem to remember 100,000 people were there. Also either the Hell's Angels or the Grim Reapers were hired as security. It sure was the summer of love.

I was in Missouri working my butt off trying to make it thru another year of college. I will never forget coming home from work and my Grandma telling me look at this,On TV, and saying to me. " You know you really oughta go to that it looks like fun(of course she was a flapper back in the 20's would have been there in a heartbeat if she was 20 yrs old)

Flirted with the hippie thing but still went roping with long hair. I have led an eclectic life to say the least.

Nope. I was about four years old. Steve did go to "48 Hours In Atoka", though, which was supposed to the "Country Version" of Woodstock. Folks didn't get along very well, though and I understand it was a horrible mess. Steve saw all kinds of things, including a rape. Funny, it's hard to find that this even ever happened but I know it did because I remember the advertisements on the radio. And Steve went. I think that was in, what? 1974? I think people were killed there.

Running Arrow Bill":2r2ss8ux said:
Wasn't there...thank G...

I was a psychologist in a psychiatric hospital in Illinois. Had already done hitch in army in early 1960's. That aside...

My daughter was born 1969. I had my other pride and joy, a red 1969 MGB convertable with real wire spoke wheels (no lug nuts...just "knock off spinner hubs"). Plus as a private pilot owned a 1965 Cessna 150 (only paid $5,000 for it...can you believe!!). Also, did a lot of partying in the spirit of the late 1960s...we had a real "groovy" bunch of co-workers at the hospital. (Won't go into details...lol). Took your mind off the patients and their despair...

Didn't buy into the Hippie Movement...
I had one of those 150's---Can you see me in that--6'4", 265 !!! :banana:

Latest posts