Ohlde Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Kaden

Reaction score
Has anyone bought or used Ohlde Cattle. I am thinking about adding a couple registered angus females from them. I have heard good things from their cattle.

We haven't, but know customers who have. They like them. I don't think you will go wrong buying into that program. Do you have time to go take a look at the cattle as a whole? I would suggest doing that if you can.

If you are into Black Angus they certainly have a good reputation from all I have heard.

Generally - smaller frame, slower growth, lower input, maternal, muscle, might be considered as an older style angus instead of newer fads.
SAV, GAR, OCC (Ohlde) - 3 different type angus cattle. All have a following and purpose. But some differences in traits and how they are promoted and marketed.

Disclaimer - I have never owned a registered angus, just my observations.

This year I'm using two bulls, Bruin Envy and Coleman Juneau 3345. Both stem from OCC sires. I'm looking to add width, a strong top line and feed efficiency. My calves are only 6 weeks old but I'm real happy with them so far. OCC certainly delivered on the phenotype. Going by OCC's reputation I'm sure they'll be feed efficient and add carcass quality.
Bruin Ranch, Coleman Angus and Koupal Angus all use OCC lines. (I know there are many many more but that's wall I got off the top of my head.)

Latest posts