oh well!

Help Support CattleToday:

M5farm

Reaction score
I get home today and put out some hay and one cow that's been showing signs of calving didn't come up so I head to the woods to find her and she is still cleaning up a sporty black bull calf. I then decide I will check fence while I'm back there and see 2 cows and 4 or 5 calves in the corner. When I get close I see another newborn his mama comes running over and I can see she is cleaned out good and her rear shows signs of calving and a heavy bag. I am perplexed how she was bred.
I get back to the house and get my records. I pulled the bull last year on March 1st and he went to my neighbors. She had a calf on March 29th 2013. I put the new bull in in August I intentionally waited to tighten my calving window. I am scratching my head and remember I had a bull calf last year that I separated with the steers but he didn't grow like I wanted so I decided to sell him I don't have anywhere to load in that field so the week before I sold them I turned them back in the pasture with the rest and penned and hauled them the next weekend. Not what I wanted but it's a nice bull calf and alive. He was 800 # and 10 months old. The cow is a good size cow and weighs 1100# or so.

Latest posts