Officially Started My Prep

Help Support CattleToday:

It is a matter of life and death and in all honesty its not that bad. Big inconvenience but really that's all. I forgot about the chicken broth. :lol2:

slick4591":3xtxor61 said:
Sure hope you get to enjoy the pleasure us guys over 50 get to go through, Sky. It's a matter of life or death. Seriously.

I know polips run in the family and my dad had 12" of colon removed that was cancerous. I was not taking away from the seriousness just joshing you.. I guess I shouldn't ask which is worse that stuff you have to drink to cause a butt burn or that butt burn hotsauce you used on those wings :D I hope you do well and come back fine. I need you live and well so I can ask my chicken questions too.

Good luck Slick I hope it all goes well and you get a clean bill of health . Bowel and colon cancer has killed or afflicted many on my dads side and he is also a survivor .

Starting next year I will need to go every 3 years too , and I am in my early 40's . BUT we need to be proactive when it comes to cancer .

Jogeephus":3enbk770 said:
It is a matter of life and death and in all honesty its not that bad. Big inconvenience but really that's all. I forgot about the chicken broth. :lol2:

I can't completely agree with you there, Jo. We are loosing many to unchecked colon cancer. A recent story is a guy about 7-8 years my junior just checked out and left his wife behind. He caught up with his to late. The widow had to retired early from Plano PD to take care of him. Medical bills maxed out insurance and he drug on for several years with treatments. Left her completely broke except for a monthly check that is to little to ever think about paying it all.

Thanks Sky and Hills! Not worried as this is just routine. Have to do it every three years as I had kidney cancer some years back. They say every three as long as they find polyps and they've found a few every time. Maybe I'll be clear this time and go to a five year program. :fingerscrossed:

Oh, Sky, this is much worse than the sauce, but it's not bad with the right paper. :lol:

slick4591":3wz35lxl said:
Jogeephus":3wz35lxl said:

I can't completely agree with you there, Jo. We are loosing many to unchecked colon cancer. A recent story is a guy about 7-8 years my junior just checked out and left his wife behind. He caught up with his to late. The widow had to retired early from Plano PD to take care of him. Medical bills maxed out insurance and he drug on for several years with treatments. Left her completely broke except for a monthly check that is to little to ever think about paying it all.

Slick, I think you misunderstood what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that many people refuse to have it done and this delay costs them their life when a colonoscopy is really nothing more than an inconvenience. Sure you have to drink the stuff and sit on the pot but that beats radiation and chemo and you don't feel a thing during the process.

What is kind of strange is that my late BIL was dying of end stage liver failure with no hope to be on the transplant list because he was still drinking but they still sent him for a colonoscopy at the age of 45 knowing he only had 2 years at best left to live before he would have complete organ failure .

I guess colonoscopies are now becoming a mandatory order from you doctor no matter whatever else you have . That tells me that this is possibly going to surpass any other forms of cancer that kills us in the near future , even though there are early detections in place.

What was strange with my insurance was had they found nothing cancerous the whole procedure would have been paid 100% but I ended up having to pay because there were three pre-cancerous growths that had to be removed.

Friend of mine is 67 years old and he is scared to death to have this done. I encouraged him to go because this could save his life but he is adamant in his beliefs.

Jogeephus":7d079kna said:
Slick, I think you misunderstood what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that many people refuse to have it done and this delay costs them their life when a colonoscopy is really nothing more than an inconvenience. Sure you have to drink the stuff and sit on the pot but that beats radiation and chemo and you don't feel a thing during the process.

Gotcha. I understand ya now and agree. Guess it was all that broth that went to my head.

slick4591":98k838ym said:
Jogeephus":98k838ym said:

Well crap! :D

Lost an uncle and my grandad to it within a few months of each other. His mom died of it as well, but they labeled it ailimentary consumption at that time. My dad and another uncle were saved by early detection.

You just reminded me of a promise I made to get this scheduled. I hate it, but gotta get it done. Went 3 times within a year cause I was in a medical study, that sucked! Haven't been back since, and I'm a year over due.

I had polyps, lots of them, but an anti-inflammatory made them disappear like magic and my knees felt like I was 20.

I woke up in 2 of the procedures and watched them drive around.

skyhightree1":q8kvdcjy said:
slick4591":q8kvdcjy said:
Sure hope you get to enjoy the pleasure us guys over 50 get to go through, Sky. It's a matter of life or death. Seriously.

I know polips run in the family and my dad had 12" of colon removed that was cancerous. I was not taking away from the seriousness just joshing you.. I guess I shouldn't ask which is worse that stuff you have to drink to cause a butt burn or that butt burn hotsauce you used on those wings :D I hope you do well and come back fine. I need you live and well so I can ask my chicken questions too.

You might consider genetic testing, if you carry the gene, you might need to start earlier. Found some polyps in me at 33ish.

Sincerely,

Pot

My sympathy. Went thru that prep a couple of years back. You're gonna be running to the throne all night.

I was out for the procedure. Don't know what happened. The night before was the miserable part.

I hope your results are good. They gave me a 10 year reprieve. Wish my kidneys were as good on the plumbing end.

skyhightree1":64p33g4r said:
I have not had the pleasure of that experience yet. Slick your insides are probably looking like chrome now.
You're still young Sky so have a few years. All I can tell you is that after drinking the "recipe" for about 20 minutes, don't trip on the way to the bathroom. :hide:

slick4591":3vtwubn9 said:
Had a record of 6 polyps. Looks like I'm still on the 3 year schedule. :(
Sounds good. I think I still have a couple of years before my next one. I believe they gave me Miralax (sp)mixed with Gator Aid to jump start me. Not bad at all. By bedtime I had quit the TP and gone to the wet wipes...much more soothing.

:frowns: I cannot get my son to have one done :cry2: My brother and I both have had colon cancer,so he really needs to have this done! :bang: :deadhorse: :bang:

Latest posts