Officially done with school

Help Support CattleToday:

showing71

Reaction score
I am officially done with finals of my last semester of college! I came home today to help dad with heat check, AI, and CIDRs. Then on Saturday, I go back to school to walk across the stage and get my diploma. Now my money can go towards more important things, like buying some more cows :D .

Congratulations.
Once you get that diploma in hand, you will be amazed at how much smarter you will suddenly become. :nod: Bells will blow and bugles will ring. Confetti will rain down from the sky. :banana: :banana:

OK, I'm picking at you . But the congratulations was sincere.

Steven graduates on the 15th. He's taking his State Boards on Friday.

Lucky...I'm only halfway through. Not really learning anything but I guess its something you have to do these days. Congratulations :banana:

showing71":2kept5wu said:
I am officially done with finals of my last semester of college! I came home today to help dad with heat check, AI, and CIDRs. Then on Saturday, I go back to school to walk across the stage and get my diploma. Now my money can go towards more important things, like buying some more cows :D .

Congratulations. And don't be so quick to say you're done with school. Later in life you may find that you really did learn something and there's more to be learned in those classrooms. Now go forth and do great deeds. :)

showing71":8jzl5iv5 said:

That will be your next test. :lol:

Hah!!!

You have had it easy.

The hardest education of your life is ahead of you.

Only you will be able to grade the marks now - and if you flunk - it is REAL bad. And there are no re-tests or make up exams or buying another semester to start over.

Enjoy life - but work your @ss off - live clean - that one little taste of whatever could land you in a heap of trouble that follows you for the rest of your life - be smart about life - be sweet to your family - be true to your friends - if something happens to you many of them will surprise you and NOT be your friend- the ones left behind ARE your friends - if they number more than about three that will make you one of the richest people on earth.

For outside of solid family there is nothing more valuable than a true friend.

Come back in 10 years and tell us about your continuing education.

Congrats on the degree - now you have to produce to make a living.

Stay safe

Bez+

LoveMoo11":22xyds87 said:

Ditto. If I could continue I'd have one more year left before I'd have my BSc Ag degree. Officially.

So, congratulations! :D

haha Im sorry to hear that. If you keep going to the bars like you do in college, people begin to call you an alcoholic.

CattleHand":2mjaix64 said:
haha Im sorry to hear that. If you keep going to the bars like you do in college, people begin to call you an alcoholic.

Only if you start going to the AA meetings.

Bez+":3gny4zjn said:
Hah!!!

You have had it easy.

The hardest education of your life is ahead of you.

Only you will be able to grade the marks now - and if you flunk - it is REAL bad. And there are no re-tests or make up exams or buying another semester to start over.

Enjoy life - but work your @ss off - live clean - that one little taste of whatever could land you in a heap of trouble that follows you for the rest of your life - be smart about life - be sweet to your family - be true to your friends - if something happens to you many of them will surprise you and NOT be your friend- the ones left behind ARE your friends - if they number more than about three that will make you one of the richest people on earth.

For outside of solid family there is nothing more valuable than a true friend.

Come back in 10 years and tell us about your continuing education.

Congrats on the degree - now you have to produce to make a living.

Stay safe

Bez+

As jimmy stewart said in the movie Winchester 73.

Something like

"pa always told me if a man had one friend he was rich. I'm rich"

Congratulations! As many have said, the education has just begun. Reward yourself with some time off. Use this time to come up with some obtainable goals and work towards them. Be true to yourself and your word and you will find yourself on a path that is not well trodden. It will have some rough spots but be dilligent and stay true to your chosen path and you will be rewarded in time. Good luck and congratulations.

Thanks for all the good wishes, I really appreciate it. I took the "walk" today, but it was more of a run, as there were 1500 kids graduating, and they wanted the program to last only 2 hours. The diploma doesn't come til August, so I haven't got the amazing feeling of being "all-knowing" yet ;-) . Lucky me, my graduation party today was spending 3 hours sorting cow/calf pairs into their separate pastures and heat checking and fixing waterlines... Even though I'm the only one in the family with a college degree, I'm still doing the sh!t work :roll: :lol: .

Latest posts