Official Holiday of Texas has been set....

Help Support CattleToday:

i used to be ate up with duck hunting ... I used about 10 different guns before I bought mine.. I bought the berretta al 391 .. it patterns well and has very little recoil with dove loads .... I got tired of being cold and wet so I started dove hunting instead... for the past 5 years I've spent labor day weekend in uvalde....

JSCATTLE":14jdxula said:
i used to be ate up with duck hunting ... I used about 10 different guns before I bought mine.. I bought the berretta al 391 .. it patterns well and has very little recoil with dove loads .... I got tired of being cold and wet so I started dove hunting instead... for the past 5 years I've spent labor day weekend in uvalde....

I was as well got a case of the red ass when they went to the point system and quit when they went to steel shot.
Used to hunt in Old and Lost River with Dad. He used an Elsie full by full and I kept a Model 12 smoking hot.
Now they have steel for 16 gauge, going on the worst day of the year and tromping around in that marsh are over.
We used to stack the ducks up like cord wood.
Other things have changed as well called bifocals had to get rid of the progressive pair, boys couldn't hunt for rolling on the ground laughing. My eye would get caught in the in between when I drew a bead and two doves would appear so I would shoot both and only one would fall. Went bought a new pair with lines cleared up that problem.

houstoncutter":s531fd7l said:
Shotguns for for busy tails!!!! make mine a 22. Granted a little lead may fly on them cat squirells, but heck shotgunning em aint even sportin.
Yeah and me huntin'em with a 22 is a waste of a hel of a lot of lead and not much meat. I'd have to have a banana clip on the 22. :oops:

Latest posts