Off to Colorado!

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms":l5fk3lxc said:
Thanks everyone!

I've been to the Denver/ Colorado Springs area a bunch of times for work, but this time I'm bringing the family - so we'll do the Garden Of The Gods, go trail/horseback riding, go to a Rockies game, drive up Pike's peak, catch some trout, and see Old Colorado and Manitou Springs and all of the other touristy things. I've always loved the Colorado Springs area. Look toward the east and see flatlands, look torward the west and see beautiful mountains.

No thongs on this trip; I'd like to come back married :lol2:

If you decide to go to the Rockies game this coming thursday at 1pm let me know I will be there. I'll buy you a beer.

3waycross":se8lvjto said:
cypressfarms":se8lvjto said:
Thanks everyone!

I've been to the Denver/ Colorado Springs area a bunch of times for work, but this time I'm bringing the family - so we'll do the Garden Of The Gods, go trail/horseback riding, go to a Rockies game, drive up Pike's peak, catch some trout, and see Old Colorado and Manitou Springs and all of the other touristy things. I've always loved the Colorado Springs area. Look toward the east and see flatlands, look torward the west and see beautiful mountains.

No thongs on this trip; I'd like to come back married :lol2:

If you decide to go to the Rockies game this coming thursday at 1pm let me know I will be there. I'll buy you a beer.

We have tickets for the game Tuesday against the Diamondbacks....I think it's an evening game

Didn't happen to see this did you?

IMG_4361.jpg

Jogeephus":1eb5flbn said:
Didn't happen to see this did you?

IMG_4361.jpg

Yeah Jo, We did. I had to DRAG my 14 and 12 year old daughters because they were so scared. As we drove up they loosened up a bit and enjoyed the drive. My 5 year old boy was on the right side of the vehicle (where you can look down the mountains while riding), and he kept saying how cool it was. Ofcourse that didn't make the girls any happier. The only difference, Jo, was that it was 19F when we got up to the summit. I'll try to do a thread and put some pics.

Fantastic sight wasn't it!?! It was 32F when we were on the top. How did you do with the altitude? Seems I would do fine in some spots but in others I'd get dizzy. Don't know if this was due to different columns of air or what. Just think, a little less than twice that height again and it would have been equivalent to the summit of Everest. Can't imagine how someone could climb that without oxygen. Sure was glad to get back to 270 foot elevation. :D

It was a balmy 43F when I was there in late July. Over 100F at Colorado Springs. I took the cog train and when I got to the top the call of nature hit me. Almost got down when I attempted to hurry to the restroom. Air was way too thin for me. Heck of a view though.

kenny thomas":140c2xup said:
Air was way too thin for me.

For me too. :lol2: Kenny I guess we'll have to delay our plans of putting a CT flag on top of Everest till we can get better condtioned. ;-)

Just think cypressfarm, if you had went the last of June you could have been in the race to the top. Last years winner did it in just a little over 10 minutes.

Jogeephus":py9uycz1 said:
Fantastic sight wasn't it!?! It was 32F when we were on the top. How did you do with the altitude? Seems I would do fine in some spots but in others I'd get dizzy. Don't know if this was due to different columns of air or what. Just think, a little less than twice that height again and it would have been equivalent to the summit of Everest. Can't imagine how someone could climb that without oxygen. Sure was glad to get back to 270 foot elevation. :D
Jo, you sure live high up in the hills. Our house is at 225 an most of the farm ground is 180 to 225. Glad I don't live in those high mountians.

The Blue Angels are Navy. (based out of Pensacola Fl and somewhere in Cal. San Diego maybe) I would be surprised if they are at the AFA. I assume you meant Thunderbirds. :nod: @

Jogeephus":2rbk8bm0 said:
I'll be there next week also. Keep an eye out for the Blue Angels they'll be flying Wednesday. Maybe we will bump into each other.

AudieWyoming":2amtoc2y said:
The Blue Angels are Navy. (based out of Pensacola Fl and somewhere in Cal. San Diego maybe) I would be surprised if they are at the AFA. I assume you meant Thunderbirds. :nod: @

Jogeephus":2amtoc2y said:
I'll be there next week also. Keep an eye out for the Blue Angels they'll be flying Wednesday. Maybe we will bump into each other.

Your right. Freudian Slip. Both are great to watch.

Jogeephus":1lft6zxv said:
Fantastic sight wasn't it!?! It was 32F when we were on the top. How did you do with the altitude? Seems I would do fine in some spots but in others I'd get dizzy.

This was the 2nd time I'd been, and everything was fine. The first time, though, was hilarious. I drove up with my brother (who lives in Colorado Springs) a few years back. We got to the summit and I parked the Jeep. We walked inside and my brother (who was laughing at me) asked if I was o.k. Ofcourse I said I was fine. I went to the t shirt rack and brought a shirt to buy. He asked me if I really wanted that shirt, I ofcourse said yeah. He then held the shirt up to me and read it : "Real Women don't need guard rails". Guess the altitude affected my vision, cause I know it didn't affect my sex. I still get laughed at about that one.

Latest posts