Off the chart!

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":1g3owy7j said:
thommoos":1g3owy7j said:
Off the chart, ha , do not take this offensive please you angus do not know 205 and 365. The bulls I raise birth at less that 65, wean at over 600 at 205. with yearly weights of 1100. Now you may like pushing them on feed but wake up and smell the beef, Lokk at a good beefmaster or Sanat gertrudis. 6 essentials
that's great,, but take those bull's up to Montana or the Dakota's?? those 6 essentials suddenly become ''1'' please lord if i can only make it another day,, im headed back to cotton country :cowboy:

or bring em here and watch em gasp for every breath they take and die in 6 weeks from brisket disease!

We all differ on our cattle, how we raise them, what we feed them , and the real value of them..

Some of us, they are a Hobbie or pets...

Some of us make our living off of them...

There are alot of folks on this web site, past and present, that just go out of their way to be "but holes"....I have far more respect for the Nice people on this site , reather then the ones that seam to go out of their way to be "But Holes:...

I know no one on this site from a personnal point of view, I often think some of you are nuts , biggots , closeminded , red necks , and worse. But rarely do I call ya'll that..

I would like to meet and see the cattle owned by nearly every REAL cattleman on this site , then I might be able to say , with confidence what I really think of them...

Back to the trend... The numbers are alittle funny on this Bull...Time will tell what the truth is....

Black Coos":1xefevlu said:
We all differ on our cattle, how we raise them, what we feed them , and the real value of them..

Some of us, they are a Hobbie or pets...

Some of us make our living off of them...

There are alot of folks on this web site, past and present, that just go out of their way to be "but holes"....I have far more respect for the Nice people on this site , reather then the ones that seam to go out of their way to be "But Holes:...

I know no one on this site from a personnal point of view, I often think some of you are nuts , biggots , closeminded , red necks , and worse. But rarely do I call ya'll that..I would like to meet and see the cattle owned by nearly every REAL cattleman on this site , then I might be able to say , with confidence what I really think of them...

Back to the trend... The numbers are alittle funny on this Bull...Time will tell what the truth is....
you'd only make me blush anyway

ALACOWMAN":i3ny7u6d said:
thommoos":i3ny7u6d said:
Off the chart, ha , do not take this offensive please you angus do not know 205 and 365. The bulls I raise birth at less that 65, wean at over 600 at 205. with yearly weights of 1100. Now you may like pushing them on feed but wake up and smell the beef, Lokk at a good beefmaster or Sanat gertrudis. 6 essentials
that's great,, but take those bull's up to Montana or the Dakota's?? those 6 essentials suddenly become ''1'' please lord if i can only make it another day,, im headed back to cotton country :cowboy:

:clap: :lol2: :lol2:

Alacowman you are a real card. :tiphat:

thommoos":3krf18ri said:

??

Questionable concept! Interpretation escapes me.

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":3b6o9p9z said:
thommoos":3b6o9p9z said:

??

Questionable concept! Interpretation escapes me.

DOC HARRIS

It escapes me also Doc.

SRBeef":2gv70wh1 said:
I am still struggling to understand how a bull goes from bw 56 to ww 486 to yw 1118 and from an adg near 2.0 to an adg near 4.0.

Bull 1 (Impressive) - has a pretty standard curve...
from birth to weaning, he gained 433 lb => 2.11 lb/day from September to April. (120 WWR)

from weaning to yearling, he gained 480 lb => 3.00 lb/day from April to September. (106 YWR)

Bull 2 (LOCK 'N' LOAD):
from birth to weaning, he gained 430 lb => 2.10 lb/day from September to April. (107 WWR)

from weaning to yearling, he gained 632 lb => 3.95 lb/day from April to September. (109 YWR)

he was obviously in a different contemporary group and on better pasture the whole time. the average YW gain for bull 2's contemporary group was 3.63 lb/day. not crazy, but very good.

Aero":1dzvyozv said:
SRBeef":1dzvyozv said:
I am still struggling to understand how a bull goes from bw 56 to ww 486 to yw 1118 and from an adg near 2.0 to an adg near 4.0.

Bull 1 (Impressive) - has a pretty standard curve...
from birth to weaning, he gained 433 lb => 2.11 lb/day from September to April. (120 WWR)

from weaning to yearling, he gained 480 lb => 3.00 lb/day from April to September. (106 YWR)

Bull 2 (LOCK 'N' LOAD):
from birth to weaning, he gained 430 lb => 2.10 lb/day from September to April. (107 WWR)

from weaning to yearling, he gained 632 lb => 3.95 lb/day from April to September. (109 YWR)

he was obviously in a different contemporary group and on better pasture the whole time. the average YW gain for bull 2's contemporary group was 3.63 lb/day. not crazy, but very good.

Thank you Aero. This is what I have been asking. My question is based only on bull #2. Jim

Latest posts