Off road diesel fuel prices?

Help Support CattleToday:

Checked our prices in a couple surrounding towns this week, $1.62 to $1.63 at the bulk plants with 200 gallon minimum delivery or pickup any amount. Found one place selling off road out of the pump 24/7 for $1.89, all of it beats the $2.19 out of the pump here. Now I need to find me a tank so I can go get some, only use about 200 gallon a year so I thought I might be better off buying a 100 gallon at a time. Now to find a bargain on a tank.

tom4018":2033v2lt said:
Checked our prices in a couple surrounding towns this week, $1.62 to $1.63 at the bulk plants with 200 gallon minimum delivery or pickup any amount. Found one place selling off road out of the pump 24/7 for $1.89, all of it beats the $2.19 out of the pump here. Now I need to find me a tank so I can go get some, only use about 200 gallon a year so I thought I might be better off buying a 100 gallon at a time. Now to find a bargain on a tank.
What about using 2 55 gallon barrels or one of those 270 gallon plastic totes?

jedstivers":2p6il03n said:
tom4018":2p6il03n said:

May go the barrell route, although to seem a little harder to secure in the truck. Wish I could find a used 100 gallon tank, missed a aluminum tank with 12 volt pump the other day for a $100, guy gave up on selling it and took it to a consignment auction and got $275 for it. I heard about it after the fact, oh well my life story, "A day late and a dollar short."

jedstivers":2yr3ha42 said:
tom4018":2yr3ha42 said:
i thought about getting a tank and buying 200 gal , thats what i go thru in a year but i hear rumors of 30 day shelf life on fuel, any body else hear this

Over the winter my red deisel is in the tank for 4 months with no problems. You can add StaBil to it and it will keep for a year at least

Latest posts