Odds & Ends

Help Support CattleToday:

BeefmasterB

Reaction score
Alright. What kind of snake? And, is it venomous if it bites? (trick question)

Snake.jpg

This picture was taken at about 73 mph. What's your opinion on dogs riding in the back like this?

Dog.jpg

Last question: Who has ever witnessed a young rabbit (or any rabbit, for that matter), literally running out of it's skin or heard of it happening??

Red joining yellow, kill a fellow. Or is it red and black or yellow and black. What is the riddle? If it was poision would it be a coral snake?
Dog looks like an accident wanting to happen.
Must be a fast rabbit!

I'm really confused....is this a riddle? but anyways yes that is more than likely a coral snake "red touches yellow, kill a fellow" "red touches black, friend to Jack"

K2011":3d7i5sy9 said:
I'm really confused....is this a riddle? but anyways yes that is more than likely a coral snake "red touches yellow, kill a fellow" "red touches black, friend to Jack"

Not a riddle, K2011!! So, if it really is a Coral snake, will it hurt you if it bites?

BeefmasterB":3pmh160q said:
Last question: Who has ever witnessed a young rabbit (or any rabbit, for that matter), literally running out of it's skin or heard of it happening??
Maybe in Tx (where there have been reports of turtles with mammal-like features :???:) , but in the real world??? Somehow I think not ~ whoever told you such a story BmB was pulling your leg I think. ;-)

Coral snake
coralsnake.jpg

How can you tell between a venomous coral snake and a non-venomous milk snake? Remember the rhyme:
Red on yellow- kill a fellow,
Red on black- venom lack

Since it is poisonous I will say YES it will hurt unless the venom flows through your blood stream so fast that you are dead before you feel that you have been bitten.

The dog well that is atrocious and anyone who lets their pet ride like that should be shot.

The rabbit , have know clue.

BeefmasterB":2gfvgmr6 said:
K2011":2gfvgmr6 said:

Not a riddle, K2011!! So, if it really is a Coral snake, will it hurt you if it bites?

I've never been bitten by a snake but I would guess I wouldn't want the snake to bite on me for too long lol....but im not sure it will feel very different from a non-posionis one...until the venom is injected then you might feel some slight pain lol (I meant that in a sarcastic way...I'm sure it would hurt a lot)

BeefmasterB":3ru90m6b said:
K2011":3ru90m6b said:

Never seen one, no desire to. But it seems like I read somewhere that they don't have fangs like most poisonous snakes, just kind of a rough jawline with many small, abrasive teeth.

BeefmasterB":2l0t71vo said:
K2011":2l0t71vo said:

It is a coral snake. It won't hurt you when it bites though. Not very painful at all since he only has little teeth. You will actually think that nothing much happened. May even feel drunk after a while. May even think nothing happened - scary thing is some doctors think this too. But your heart rate will drop and once it drops to a certain level there is not turning it around and you will die. Its venom is a neurotoxin and they will pump you with enough venom to kill 5 people.

Just remember - red on yellow will kill a fellow and red on black is friend of jack.

It is my understanding that coral snakes don't strike and bite. But that they chew on you for a while. They will kill you graveyard dead.
In all my born days I have only seen one coral snake in the woods. Unfortunatly I did not get a chance to kill it.

My philosophy is to kill any snake you can and worry about what kind it is later.

If you have to identify a Snake and presumambly it'll be a dead one with the concencus of Snake killers here, you can identify in this easy way. If the Snake's eyes are elyptical, they are Venemous. If they are round, they are non-Venomous.

I agree with everyone about that snake.

On your second question, looks like the dog is sitting up on something, and I guess he wants to sit there. They always like to be right in the wind. I'll give ya this though, my dog is to dim witted to sit up there like that, but then again, she is a pet.

On the third, never seen it and I havent heard of it. Would be a wierd things to see.

Coral snake has jaw teeth,so has to chew-yes,is poison.. Dog should be wearing a harness and leash tied so he/she can't fall/jump over the side.. If something has caught a rabbit by the skin,it tears real easy,so would look as tho it had ran out of the skin.

Ryder, I would hav to disagree with your philosophy of killing first and identifying later. Many snakes are beneficial in controlling rodents and are harmless to humans. Don't know if you have the Blue Indigo in Louisiana but they kill and eat rattle snakes, so please don't kill them.

Not skin, but I have seen a young Cottontail literally leave its fur in my hands when trying to get away...nothing but bare skin remained. We found some babies in a flooded closed in area and tried to get them moved. The more the rabbit struggled the more fur came....it was a very odd thing to see.

Crowderfarms":2s2zjztx said:
If you have to identify a Snake and presumambly it'll be a dead one with the concencus of Snake killers here, you can identify in this easy way. If the Snake's eyes are elyptical, they are Venemous. If they are round, they are non-Venomous.

By then usually he has done bit ya so there ya go. Why get that close?

Half the welding rigs in this country have a dog riding on the tool box. I'll bet his feelings would have been hurt if the driver had left him at home.

cowman30":l7yce9z7 said:
Crowderfarms":l7yce9z7 said:

By then usually he has done bit ya so there ya go. Why get that close?
If you read my response, you'd seen It'll no doubt be a dead Snake.

Latest posts