Oddball updates

Help Support CattleToday:

Lazy M

Reaction score
Posted both these calves in the spring, and I'm getting ready to wean them.

This guy was born in April. Our new Sim bull really brought his mama's old school Sim colors out of him

He turned into a pretty thick calf. I'll probably make him a beef for the family, so I don't get killed at the yard.
This next calf was also born in April. I posted him earlier to ask if anyone thought that his mama may have some brahma in her.

He grew pretty well for a leggy long-eared mutt, but I'll have to dehorn him, which is about my least favorite job..

The rest of the calves are mostly black and boring, but I thought that you all might like to see these clowns again.

That's very nice thick Simmental calf. Remind me of my late grandpa's old herd of fleckvieh and their grey Angus sired calves. Big boned but thick steers.

HDRider":f3uw92nz said:
creekdrive":f3uw92nz said:
That spotted up sim calf grew into a tank! Nice calf.
He did. He'd make a nice rug..
That's a cool idea. Any ideas how to make that happen after he's slaughtered?

Lazy M":1h2tif1o said:
HDRider":1h2tif1o said:
creekdrive":1h2tif1o said:
That spotted up sim calf grew into a tank! Nice calf.
He did. He'd make a nice rug..
That's a cool idea. Any ideas how to make that happen after he's slaughtered?
You need to find a tanner.

Here is some the Google gave me,,
https://furandhide.com/products/categor ... om-tanning
http://www.promiselandranch.net/Custom%20Tanning.html
http://www.rockymountaintanners.com/cus ... nning.html

I'd try to find someone local, but all these seem ready and wiling.

Posted a pic of all my weaned calves on beginners board, but I focused in on these two boys. It's funny these two have really stuck together all their lives like they know that they're kind of different from the rest of the calves. You can see how tall that horned (actually ex-horned now) calf is compared to the rest. I can't wait to see how he looks when he fills out on feed in a few months.

Lazy M":8gncrkpi said:

Posted a pic of all my weaned calves on beginners board, but I focused in on these two boys. It's funny these two have really stuck together all their lives like they know that they're kind of different from the rest of the calves. You can see how tall that horned (actually ex-horned now) calf is compared to the rest. I can't wait to see how he looks when he fills out on feed in a few months.
Yep, looks like ol spot may slide in with that load. What's your feed ration?

RanchMan90":3umwfd51 said:
Lazy M":3umwfd51 said:

Yep, looks like ol spot may slide in with that load. What's your feed ration?
Corn gluten based complete feed mix from ADM. They're at about 6 lbs/hd now, I'll prob work them up to 8lbs over the next few weeks.

Spotted calf is growing out pretty well. Feeding him around 25#'s of grain a day and limiting his hay to a couple fork fulls. I'd say he weighs well over 1000. He is scheduled at the butcher at the end of the month.

Latest posts