October calves!

Help Support CattleToday:

MurraysMutts

Reaction score
Still waiting on my tan heifer....
Her name is Macaria. (Google may bring that name up)
She was the only daughter of Heracles.

Brown cow is springing pretty heavy. She calved about Thanksgiving last year. Her heifer caught pneumonia. We caught it in time but I dont think I will retain that one. I really like her heifers too. I've got 2 that I have retained. Her last heifer (Ziva) is 6 months along. Shes the only known heifer out of Dave's bull. A borrowed bull. He sent that bull to the sale. I should've bought him. Anyway... The heifer b4 her (Ditto) weaned a good calf 2 months ago. Her birthday is the same as mine and my wife's. Hence Ditto... lol
I think Brown Cow said to heck with waiting til November. That cold cold rain probly changed her mind. Fact is, she told me. I ain't doing this crap again... u watch.
Lol

Last edited:
I love coming home and finding a brand new baby!
Brown cow is chowing down on placenta as I type. She really moved up. Thanksgiving last year. November 29th. That's really moving up eh?
This one will be Big Sexy's too.
Dont worry....
Pics are coming....

Ok here we go. This is probably my favorite cow! Her daughter, Ditto, is also my favorite.
Here's mama.. this is her fourth. All heifers!!
Screenshot_20201005-181907_Gallery.jpg
Now the good stuff. Shes so chill. Already tagged of course.
Screenshot_20201005-181324_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20201005-181337_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20201005-181434_Gallery.jpg
Getting some love...

Last edited:
There will be no calf out of the big tan heifer this month.
Pregged 4months today.
She had to have slipped a calf when I first saw her making a bag.
Dang the luck!
Shes got about 5 months. On borrowed time. Kind of hate to even feed her thru the winter.
One of those deals. Who knows what the heck happened.

Neat lil tidbit I noticed about this lil bwf calf.
Both rear inside toes are white.
Outside toes are black. Shes also got a tiny lil white tuft of fur between each toe on the back side. And a tiny lil white tail tip!

Ha!
U were hoping for another new calf picture huh?

Should have another pic soon!
28 is springing and bagging.
She calved with Brown cow last year. So if she does it b4 the weekend, she will have moved up about a month as well.
She had her first last year. Lost it to pneumonia about a month old.

Hey, did you get any calves from that dog gentle black bull that disappeared on you?

He looks pretty good. How is his growth? We got 4 heifers and a cow we sold had a heifer. All were born tiny. The one from the cow we sold and the one from our jersey are growing very fast. Outgrowing all other calves at my place and theirs. The others are average. My jersey also raised 2 fosters at the same time. They are weaned. My jersey got 2 more last month. I do miss that sweet boy.

'Member this gal?
She one a dem new compact black jersey/dexter hybrids I guess.
Weighed 815 pounds when I bought her.
'Spect shes gonna be along shortly....
Hope I'm not disappointed.
Screenshot_20201021-175958_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20201021-175939_Gallery.jpg20201021_173917.jpg
Definitely springing a bit. Reckon she was a bit more than 6 months bred.

The compact model is still holding out on me. Making a good bag tho. Pleased about that. I dont know how much more springing she can do.... floppy floppy floppy!

My Skinny Girl had mucous on her tail and sides of her rump. She looked much thinner but I cant say for sure if shes calved.

Will put some hay out tmrw and check em in the daylight!

Woohoo!
Went to put a second bale out and me truck was acting up. Been fiddling with a couple things for a while now. Anyway. While I was waiting to get going again, Skinny Girl decides she ain't hanging around any more. Made a beeline for the other side of the creek. I just watched. Then decided I'd go find her. Yep.... her n Big Sexy made a dandy!
This cow is the one that I watched my ol bwf bull chase around for 2 heats. He never got her bred. Big sexy did tho. No doubt about it!

U can see this cow suffers from noassatall. Her last calf was barely improved upon that. But he brought top dollar that day at the sale. We will see what the Hereford sire does to improve that lil problem.
Screenshot_20201025-172228_Gallery.jpg20201025_163346.jpg20201025_163349.jpg
The compact model is still holding tight. Probly waiting for the ice to get here...

Last edited:
Gotta go cut some trees off the fence at that place. Surprisingly less damage from the ice storm than I was figuring on.
The compact model was still preggo yesterday. Think I'll name her Rosy. Idk why.....
Cows had the calves in the barn. Even the new baby I haven't tagged yet. Mama got her across the creek somehow. Glad she did. Water level is up dramatically now that ice is melting. They ain't dumb over there. Hahaha

Rosy w the cutest lil button of a heifer I've ever seen! Lol
I dont know what she is or what she was bred to but it's all good. Havnt decided if she will stick around for another one or not. I bought her to calve out and sell. Good calm cow. Just small. Maybe shes dexter or something?
20201103_092253.jpg
And here's skinny girls calf. Tagged today. Couldnt get a shot of them together. She always stands tween me and baby.
20201103_091753.jpg

Rosy w the cutest lil button of a heifer I've ever seen! Lol
I dont know what she is or what she was bred to but it's all good. Havnt decided if she will stick around for another one or not. I bought her to calve out and sell. Good calm cow. Just small. Maybe shes dexter or something?
View attachment 711
And here's skinny girls calf. Tagged today. Couldnt get a shot of them together. She always stands tween me and baby.
View attachment 712
Your Rosy May be at least part Aberdeen-they're very efficient and will raise a good calf-maybe not compared to a standard size calf, but man are they tender and marble easily!

Ahhh. Never thought about being a lowline or Aberdeen. Thats a thought. Hopefully she can handle my hereford bull. She weighs around 800 pounds. She doesn't want attention but is just calm and cool mannered at all times.

Latest posts