Obamacare Stands

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

CottageFarm

Reaction score
:frowns: :cry2:

I guess the only bright spot, if one looks real hard for one, is that the court rejected the gov't commerce clause argument. I always figured it would come down to the congress' taxing authority, even though they tried to tell us it really wasn't a tax.

While I agree it's a tax, the reports are the tax for declining will be taken out of your tax refund, easy don't get a refund. With that said they (we) still have to pay for ...... More taxes.

It's here for now my biggest questions are what will it cost to cover my wife and myself? We are paying a little over $800 per month now and is it for general health care or just the big stuff? Google is little help with all the action this morning, my wife said that twitter crashed this morning .... The Internet is hopping this morning.

I don't like anything President Obama has done. I can't begin to imagine the consequences of this Supreme Court ruleing. I believe that the Insurance companies will raise premiums so high that no working family can afford Insurance.

Alan I guess you could drop the insurance and join the other 20 million who will be headed to medicaid.

Next time I need a procedure I think i'm going to try and negotiate like the big boys do.....MRI with medicare is $4,500....with regular insurance $2,200.......pay cash for it. $300 buck.

Alan":26k1uegw said:
While I agree it's a tax, the reports are the tax for declining will be taken out of your tax refund, easy don't get a refund. With that said they (we) still have to pay for ...... More taxes.

It's here for now my biggest questions are what will it cost to cover my wife and myself? We are paying a little over $800 per month now and is it for general health care or just the big stuff? Google is little help with all the action this morning, my wife said that twitter crashed this morning .... The Internet is hopping this morning.

Unfortunately Alan, you won't know how much more it will cost you until your premiums start to rise. Though that will be soon enough. It will hit people like my husband and I hard. We don't carry health ins. It would cost us about $7500 / yr to buy a pretty basic plan (current prices), with still significant out of pocket for RX & other stuff before reaching deduct. limits. We spend less than $1000/yr, incl RX, by simply paying for health care ourselves. So, thanks to the Obamacare, I figure (very conservatively) it will cost us at least an additional $2000, to continue to NOT have insurance. :mad:

Dun, I would say it's more like "Welcome to the Fascist States of America".......
and I don't use that term lightly, I'm only calling it the way I see it

Thanks Cottage, we have been knocking around the thought of dropping health care and paying out of pocket, perscription cost is a huge problem and probable expense. That worries me, blood pressure meds and etc.

TB, medicaid is a good option, all we have to do is go bankrupt get on welfare and some food stamps and medicaid is next! THEY make it way to easy to be a bum! :mad:

At one time Romney said when he's in office he would kill obamacare.... we can hope. I guess my feeling is it's here so bite the bullet and move on.

Alan

I don't advocate for anyone to be without insurance, it's a gamble either way. That''s the nature of insurance to begin with. The ins. company's are betting you stay healthy, if you buy insurance you're betting that you won't stay healthy. We simple ran the numbers and weighed the risk for ourselves, and decided it would cost us less to pay for things ourselves. Even if something serious happens, we'd be screwed even with ins. because it's not the cost of the care, (that can be managed) it's the loss of income that would be the bigger problem. That's when the money saved on premiums really comes into play, for us anyway.

Romney will need a majority in both houses to repeal. One can hope, but.... What's the last law you can remember being repealed??? :frowns:

I guess it is now official. Obama has presided over the largest single tax increase in American history. In 2009 Obama fought tooth and nail to say it wasn't a tax increase..................then he argues that it IS a tax increase in front of the SCOTUS. He was lying one way or the other right? It sickens me that 50% of this country will still vote for this liar in chief.

hooknline":1z8kqqus said:
Getting close to the time we take up arms again

Prolly a little past that time. We must be more tolerant than the forefathers. A lot of them left their home countries just to be protestant.

backhoeboogie":4ozubppu said:
hooknline":4ozubppu said:

Prolly a little past that time. We must be more tolerant than the forefathers. A lot of them left their home countries just to be protestant.
Tolerant isn't the word I would use. Lazy is more like it. And scared. When the risk of consequences weighs heavier than the risk of not doing anything then it will happen. The scale hasnt tipped quite that far yet but it's real darn close. When it does happen it will be brother against brother again too. People content with the nanny state vs those that care

I think Roberts might have intentionally lit the fire for us to take action. He stated if you don't like what your congress is doing, vote them out. Election is around the corner. I feel he nudged the American population to take action. If you don't like what you see, change it. And the court call congress out, no matter what you call it...it's a tax.

The thing to do now is remember the Chicago motto. Vote Early and Vote Often.

If this doesn't wake up the sleeping giant and turn out the vote nothing will.

hooknline":3bf8nuw8 said:
backhoeboogie":3bf8nuw8 said:
hooknline":3bf8nuw8 said:

Tolerant isn't the word I would use. Lazy is more like it. And scared. When the risk of consequences weighs heavier than the risk of not doing anything then it will happen. The scale hasnt tipped quite that far yet but it's real darn close. When it does happen it will be brother against brother again too. People content with the nanny state vs those that care

We're all gonna die. With this new program, it'll happen sooner for many of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts