oak island

Help Support CattleToday:

I have always been intrigued by this mystery. Haven't seen the show yet. Hope they don't embellish it because the facts are interesting enough.

Jogeephus":1rxj8s7g said:
I have always been intrigued by this mystery. Haven't seen the show yet. Hope they don't embellish it because the facts are interesting enough.

I agree! I haven't seen the show either, and probably won't, due to scheduling. I have seen advertisements for it though. I know I would love to see a documentary. What I have read about the place is fascinating.

Katherine

Sounds to me like it's got haints and other such stuff.........places like that, be best left alone.

a little drama for effect. But its very interesting.I never heard about it till I saw the commercial and did some.reading. last night episode the found coconut fiber that dated between 1200 and 1400 ad

I first read about it a long time ago in the Reader's Digest. They talked about how they thought some pirate had buried treasure in this spot but if they dug down they would find logs blocking the way like a door. When moved a trigger type thing would open a tunnel that led to the ocean flooding the pit and drowning people. It was pretty interesting. From what RD said and the diagrams they showed I see no way it could be some natural phenomena but I don't know if they stretched things for a good read.

Jogeephus":1hlktgr7 said:
I first read about it a long time ago in the Reader's Digest. They talked about how they thought some pirate had buried treasure in this spot but if they dug down they would find logs blocking the way like a door. When moved a trigger type thing would open a tunnel that led to the ocean flooding the pit and drowning people. It was pretty interesting. From what RD said and the diagrams they showed I see no way it could be some natural phenomena but I don't know if they stretched things for a good read.
From what I've read about it over the years, RD wasn;t stretching things for the sake of the story. The people doing the digging and making the discoverys may have been. A theory that popped up asome years ago was that it was the Knights Templor that buried it. From as elabirate as the booby traps suppoesedly are it would have taken a helluva big crew a long time to accomplished it. Ans supposedly if it was done when they claim, without modern digging equipment, all by hand.

Latest posts