NWSS Piedmontese Show Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes, the tall cow, but she's putting on some weight and looking a little better, I think. Bryson is a Monster son and I have kept a grandson of Monster that's being used now. One of my heifers is a Monster daughter and I'll be using Monster's grandson (Coltrain) on grandmother when she's ready.

I have seen those bulls before but don't know anything about them. Pretty sure they are from American or Canadian breeders tho, but without herd prefixes and year id's it's hard to trace them. For some fun you can look thru the Italian bulls. Problem is we don't get to choose which bull. Once a year they offer us a pool of bulls and and take orders. None of their bulls are kept and collected like we do. Once they have collected what they want the bulls go to slaughter.

slick4591":ax5wujh3 said:
I have seen those bulls before but don't know anything about them. Pretty sure they are from American or Canadian breeders tho, but without herd prefixes and year id's it's hard to trace them. For some fun you can look thru the Italian bulls. Problem is we don't get to choose which bull. Once a year they offer us a pool of bulls and and take orders. None of their bulls are kept and collected like we do. Once they have collected what they want the bulls go to slaughter.
Now that is interesting! That's got to stink for them, by the time you find out he's a great bull he's dead and limited semen remains. Is that about right? They look nice by the way.

That's how they work. They show some early EPD's and you have to decide which one you want from what they offer. Some really good bulls live only thru their genetics.

I've thought it would be cool to import some semen will probably never do it though. Are you ever going to try one of their bulls?

I did one time. Not long after I started with Pieds I ordered on a bull where their EPDs showed him a LBW and used on a heifer. Ended up pulling a 115 lb dead bull calf. Kinda made me a non-believer since their EPDs base numbers are not large. Ended up losing the rest of his and all of Bryson's semen when my tank went dry.

Latest posts