NRA

Help Support CattleToday:

They have three strikes against them already with the media. They know they will be under a magnifying glass - forever. All it takes is one idiot to bring a whole lot of hoopla to prime time.

I did some research. It is hard to know who to trust.

"I have never believed in the practice of carrying weapons. I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses."
— Karl T. Frederick NRA President and VP, US Revolver Assn.
in NFA hearing before passage of 1934 National Firearms Act

Karl Fredrick also worked diligently to frame the Uniform Firearms Act of 1930 that was later adopted by several states.

"The NRA supported The National Firearms Act of 1934 which taxes and requires registration of such firearms as machine guns, sawed-off rifles, and sawed-off shotguns."
– American Rifleman, page 22, Issue: March 1968

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/the-untold-history-of-the-nra-part-1/

HDRider said:

"I have never believed in the practice of carrying weapons. I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses."

Karl Fredrick also worked diligently to frame the Uniform Firearms Act of 1930 that was later adopted by several states.

"The NRA supported The National Firearms Act of 1934 which taxes and requires registration of such firearms as machine guns, sawed-off rifles, and sawed-off shotguns."

That sounds like blaming the gun and not the person, very bad mistake on the part of the NRA. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

True Grit Farms said:
HDRider said:

That sounds like blaming the gun and not the person, very bad mistake on the part of the NRA. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

And guns make it possible for a person to kill lots of people.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
True Grit Farms said:
HDRider said:

"God made man, Sam Colt made men equal, but John Browning keeps men free."

TennesseeTuxedo said:
True Grit Farms said:
HDRider said:

So can a lot of other things, how soon we forget.

The NRA² led many efforts in several states to require concealed weapon licensing, a new idea in America at the time.

Or was it a business model?

In most states, only NRA certified instructors can administer the training gun owners are required to have in order to carry a concealed firearm.

:clap:

The best defense of the 2nd amendment sits in a gun safe in homes across America. All you have to do is take them out and tell the government to go to hell.

Hook2.0 said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
True Grit Farms said:

The right mix of chemicals, or even "safe" food products in either the water system or what we eat will do the same thing. Whats your point?

That carrying a gun might just be a false sense of security as you so aptly pointed out.

Thank you.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Hook2.0 said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
The right mix of chemicals, or even "safe" food products in either the water system or what we eat will do the same thing. Whats your point?

That carrying a gun might just be a false sense of security as you so aptly pointed out.

Thank you.

Just like anything else a gun is just another tool in the box to get the job done. We've debated CC carry plenty and those who carry win every time. It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/coyote-attacked-mother-child-in-stroller-at-new-jersey-park-police

True Grit Farms said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Hook2.0 said:

Thank you.

Just like anything else a gun is just another tool in the box to get the job done. We've debated CC carry plenty and those who carry win every time. It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/coyote-attacked-mother-child-in-stroller-at-new-jersey-park-police

I respect and support your right to choose to carry a weapon. I just ask you to do the same.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
True Grit Farms said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Thank you.

I respect and support your right to choose to carry a weapon. I just ask you to do the same.

That's hard but I try, it's sure nice when you know someone has your back.

True Grit Farms said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
True Grit Farms said:

That's hard but I try, it's sure nice when you know someone has your back.

Lots of backstabbing going on these days so yeah, it's nice to know.

Hook2.0 said:
My points dont need more than 2 sentences. Where you think you need paragraph upon paragraph

When you grow up, you will discover that the world is more complex than:

Da da.
Duh.
Feed ma ma.

Hook2.0 said:
Youre right. You and your follower are better and smarter than everyone else.
I hope you two are happy together

I have proven my intellectual capabilities. To be honest, there are other traits I covet more. But I sure hope everyone is smarter than you. You need to try to test yourself. See if you can compose more than two sentences.

Well, Even though I support ALL the amendments to the constitution, I do not support the NRA any longer. The defacto carrying of a gun of any type does not make you, a criminal, nor does it make you a saviour in a violent situation.

The National Rifle Association has suspended its top lobbyist after accusing him of complicity in a failed coup against the gun group's chief executive Wayne LaPierre.

Chris Cox, the NRA's second-in-command, allegedly worked with public relations firm Ackerman McQueen, former NRA president Oliver North and NRA board member Dan Boren to try to force out Mr LaPierre.

https://news.yahoo.com/nra-tears-itself-apart-president-092633955.html