Now What Do I do??????

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
Sent my 15 mo old Lab to a trainer 3 weeks ago. Really just to get her tuned up on a BUNCH of live birds. Called him today to see if she was gonna be ready to pick up on Friday. He tells me she is freakin outstanding and if I give her to him for another month she can win some hunts test competitions.

I am looking st probably another $1000 to do this right, and definately would like to get her NAVHDA certified but the $1000 is killing me. I told him that , for now, I would hunt her for a while and think about sending her after bird season is closed in Jan.

Right? Wrong?????????????????//

Well you can take the 1800 you should have spent yesterday and put 1000 to your dog.. ;-)

If that helps at all.. :lol2: :p

I have no clue .. Glad I can help.. :tiphat:

BTW I sure love to see those dogs compete , I think hunt her for now and send her back.. You will see her potential for sure and know that it is worth the investment..

3waycross":2h5ayxby said:
Sent my 15 mo old Lab to a trainer 3 weeks ago. Really just to get her tuned up on a BUNCH of live birds. Called him today to see if she was gonna be ready to pick up on Friday. He tells me she is freakin outstanding and if I give her to him for another month she can win some hunts test competitions.

I am looking st probably another $1000 to do this right, and definately would like to get her NAVHDA certified but the $1000 is killing me. I told him that , for now, I would hunt her for a while and think about sending her after bird season is closed in Jan.

Why do you want the certification? Are you going to breed her? She is young, and I don't imagine you would ruin her training by keeping her with you and hunting her for this season. You will have her to hunt with and be able to mull over your options.

MistyMorning":1olymqh8 said:
3waycross":1olymqh8 said:

Why do you want the certification? Are you going to breed her? She is young, and I don't imagine you would ruin her training by keeping her with you and hunting her for this season. You will have her to hunt with and be able to mull over your options.

Yes I plan on breeding her. I have to wait another 9 months to have her hips and elbows certified but the hunt test competition helps market the pups for sure.

Latest posts